Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

General Announcement...

jayrob

This is just to make known to everybody. And to those who may have orders pending with me, that I will no longer be posting shipping updates in my threads...

Instead, I will be listing kits sent, at the bottom of the first post of each kit thread from now on. (2011) Just so you can check the status...

I realize that too many posts of the same thing over and over again must have gotten very irritating to many people.

So this it the main reason for this change. Sorry to those of you who where getting tired of it...

It was one of those things where you just get in a habit of doing something a certain way. And as my kits and threads got more and more numerous, I kept the habit. But looking back, I'm a little embarrassed now... :eek:

Anyway, when you see a post from me now, it will most likely be something other than 'I shipped today'... :)

Sounds good Jay, thanks for the heads up! I'm sure it's a full time job alone just to get all your builds out!:tired:

HIMNL9

May i give a suggestion ? (crazy, as my usual :p) .....

When you open a thread for sell something specific (a kit, a build assembly, similar), just double the first post.

I mean, open a thread with 2 posts, the first one for description, images, updates, prices and so on about the item itself, and the second one for a list of payments, selling, shipping, received items, and so on.

So you have 2 independent places at the start of the thread, where anyone can find them, one that you can update all the times you change something in the item, and the other that you can independently update for seling and shipping details.

Maybe it's a crazy idea, but maybe also can help keeping all the things in order as you want ;)

jayrob

Yes that's a great idea...

I see that being done in many group buy threads.

But most of my kit threads are already up, so it's basically the same thing to edit the first post, and list shipping at the bottom of the first post...