Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GATLING STYLE 445nm 1w

The GATLING laser has been around for many years and not new! My review is based on laser itself and the purchasing experience i had.

As i was cruising the net on a typical China sellers web page, i came upon a seller who shipped from the USA! " VERY COOL! " He had the typical Gatling 450nm in a aluminum case with the typical contents, however, he was throwing in 2 extra sets of 16340 Batteries! " VERY COOL! " This was all priced at $54.00 free shipping! " THAT'S FAIR! " So, out came the credit card!!

Ten days latter, delivered! " VERY NICE! "

I do not own a LPM, however, i can tell you that after many test, it is over 1 watt of power! I would bet my left testicle on that!! :D

THE TEST
BLACK BALLOON: Destroyed at 40 feet!
STICK MATCH: No problem at 17 feet!

This is where i think things get interesting! I mount all my lasers to a tripod, with Gatling having aluminum tubes all around it, it was hard to mount on my tripod! What too do? Well, remove the aluminum tubes! So i did!

What i got was one of best looking lasers i have in my arsenal!!:drool:
Needless to say, it is my newest and coolest new toy and the purchasing process was painless.
Las3_zpss3zgo5pj.jpg
[/URL]http://[/IMG]
Las1_zpsymmw6tx0.jpg
Gatling%20laser%20blow%20up%20view_zpsxn27uvy0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: Cel

The GATLING laser has been around for many years and not new! My review is based on laser itself and the purchasing experience i had.

As i was cruising the net on a typical China sellers web page, i came upon a seller who shipped from the USA! " VERY COOL! " He had the typical Gatling 450nm in a aluminum case with the typical contents, however, he was throwing in 2 extra sets of 16340 Batteries! " VERY COOL! " This was all priced at $54.00 free shipping! " THAT'S FAIR! " So, out came the credit card!!

I do not own a LPM, however, i can tell you that after many test, it is over 1 watt of power! I would bet my left testicle on that!! :D

THE TEST
BLACK BALLOON: Destroyed at 40 feet!
STICK MATCH: No problem at 17 feet!

This is where i think things get interesting! I mount all my lasers to a tripod, with Gatling having aluminum tubes all around it, it was hard to mount on my tripod! What too do? Well, remove the aluminum tubes! So i did!

Needless to say, it is my newest and coolest new toy and the purchasing process was painless.
Las3_zpss3zgo5pj.jpg
Las1_zpsymmw6tx0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two questions. Does this tripod have a name?
From where did you purchase this tripod?

Steve, sorry to say, the tripod came from a thrift store and it has no brand on it!

This is what the Gatling looks like without the tubes?? Well now I'm interested:D

Encap

IMG]

Nice looking without the bars. Don't forget to use laser goggles and proper lsafe laser operating procedures--very important.

This seller who has the "Thor" advertisement at top of LPF page has the 1W version at $39.00 and a 2.5W version at $59.00 --- as wel as a 200mW red version for 19.00 and ships from USA--good quality batteries are $5 extra each--gives 3% discount also. Might be same seller the guy is kind of mysterious as to who. what, and where he/his business is and where he is.

Not many sellers or their "racket enablers/partners" illegally sell handheld lasers over 5mW in circumventng US FDA laws rules and regulations by effectively illegally importing, selling, and shipping from within USA to within USA, which is prohibited.
It is illegal to sell anything over 5mW from withn USA to within USA by FDA law, rules, and regulations without a variance to do so from FDA.. They risk prosecution and very serious penalties and civil (money) penality fines

" FDA regulates all laser products, even handheld, battery-powered lasers that are available for purchase FROM manufacturers, importers, assemblers, dealers or distributors in the United States and its territories. This includes lasers manufactured or obtained on a continuing basis for the purpose of sale or resale.
FDA requires that manufacturers of these lasers limit the power of the laser light to 5 milliWatts (often abbreviated as "mW") or less.
Do not purchase a handheld, battery-powered laser labeled with hazard Class IIIb, Class IV, Class 1M, Class 2M, Class 3B or Class 4 unless the manufacturer has an approval from FDA (called a "variance") to allow the purchase. Lasers approved for purchase in these classes often have very specific uses and may be sold under certain conditions known to the manufacturer. Sales without a variance, or sales that violate the conditions of the variance, ARE ILLEGAL"
From: https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm302664.htm

This means any handheld laser with any output greater than 5mW.

Last edited:
I was taken more with your tripod than this laser. If you got it in a thrift store, then, nice score. I have several tripods myself, but not one as small as this one with all its features.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. and photos Vetttech, that Gatling style laser definitely takes on a unique look with the aluminum rods removed, I kind of like it!
:gj:

I wonder how the Gatling would look if the aluminum rods were black anodized, or color coordinated with the wavelength?

Reactions: GSS
Thanks for the info. and photos Vetttech, that Gatling style laser definitely takes on a unique look with the aluminum rods removed, I kind of like it!
:gj:

I wonder how the Gatling would look if the aluminum rods were black anodized, or color coordinated with the wavelength?
🤔
It would look black and silver or cobalt blue and silver.😎

Last edited:

Cel

Nice pics! :beer:
I like that tripod, also.

Is it possible to get hosts like this? All of the gatlings i know of are glued.

Steve, the tripod is considered a Macro Photography tripod! I would do a search with that term. Should be a easy find!

Last edited:
For those who are unfamiliar with the so- called GATLING! A neat blow up view!!