Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gasdynamic laser rifle

Arayan

for me is simply a joke :thinking:
:lasergun: :wave:

Attachments

• TIS1.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 825

Zeus

Finally, it is estimated that the weapon will
deliver a recoil force of approximately 90lbs in the forward direction upon discharge, thereby requiring the
employment of a recoil alleviation/mitigation system.
I think it would be more efficacious if the troops fired backwards.

Last edited:

MickyP

For an even bigger laugh head to the Stavatti Corporation website.
The firm responsible for this "gasdynamic laser rifle" concept.

STAVATTI AEROSPACE

"Hey DOD, here is our CAD rendered futuristic weapon pictures, can we have some grant money now" - Stavatti Aerospace

HIMNL9

" ..... initially contained at a state of thermal equilibrium at a high temperature (2173K) and pressure (272 atm) within a gas reservoir heated by a Polonium-210 power cell ....."

:eek: is practically as carrying around a high pressure, high temp and radioactive hand grenade without a safe ..... overall, cause is intended for use in a war contest, if anything like a random bullet hit the reservoir, just imagine the result for the one that carry it and all the other peoples around :eek:

Yeah, yeah, perfectly safe weapon to carry around under enemy fire, when you're running and rolling here and there ..... ROTFL :p :crackup:

(not speaking about the easyness of a field repair if something broke and left you with just your panties in the middle of a battle, LOL)

Arayan

Yes...I read that this is only a theorical project and was never built ;)

That's been around for quite sometime...I remember researching lasers back in the late 90's and coming across that file. If it was something that was remotely possible (and not dangerous to the user, as previously noted!) the military would have been on it a long time ago. Actually you don't even hear about gasdynamic lasers anymore either. Do a web search on that alone and you will get very few hits. Little but de-classified stuff from the government back in the early 70's.