Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G301 532 nm laser - does it have a beam that is visible in daylight/ indoor light?

Hey everyone, I'm new to owning lasers and visiting this forums, I was hoping y'all could help me out.

I recently bought a G301 532 nm laser (I was told it is 100mw, but I am unsure) from dx.com (link at bottom of post)
I first began wanting lasers afte looking at reviews on YouTube. My favourite aspect of a powerful(ish) laser is the visibility of the beam - that is what I hope to have with my G301. So the question is, does the G301 have a visible laser in the light?

http://www.dx.com/p/g301-green-laser-pointer-pen-focus-532nm-burning-lazer-visible-adjustable-beam-battery-charger-black-278792#.VxBrhPr3aK0

it should be about right. but there's no telling when the laser will die on you....

if you need something that have a high quality is to either build it yourself or ask a member to build you one....Check out Sanwu as well.

landon

The laser you listed is specified at 5mw. Assuming it may be overspec I doubt it will average around 100mw and as mentioned above even if it does it could die on you pretty quick. A true 100mw green will have a mostly visible been inside with the lights on but probably not outside on a sunny day. I would also recommend sanwu as he has quality stuff at great prices. Unfortunately with lasers if you want something good that will last you have to be willing to spend some money

diachi

The laser you listed is specified at 5mw. Assuming it may be overspec I doubt it will average around 100mw and as mentioned above even if it does it could die on you pretty quick. A true 100mw green will have a mostly visible been inside with the lights on but probably not outside on a sunny day. I would also recommend sanwu as he has quality stuff at great prices. Unfortunately with lasers if you want something good that will last you have to be willing to spend some money

Some of those 301s have been known to do 100mW. Mine does ~90mW happily - and hasn't died yet either. Luck of the draw. :p

landon

Some of those 301s have been known to do 100mW. Mine does ~90mW happily - and hasn't died yet either. Luck of the draw. :p

Assuming you get one that hit 90-100mw then you would have pretty good beam visibility then. I have heard of some lasers being ridiculously over spec and like diachi said it is possible.