Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fun, impractical, uses for lasers!

tatman

we've all seen video of folks lighting their smokes- what about laser ignition on your favorite bong or hookah? (these are special tools for tobacco consumption as i would never condone anything illegal)

Y

yew.sir-name

You'd need a nice red to light that green or any colour if u have the moroccan. Who's gonna be the first to try it?

How about a 20W RGB to replace auto headlights? lol OR forget Neon, we need a ground effect laser show while driving down the road. Because THAT would never cause a wreck. :D

Daedal

tatman said:
very cool . i think senkat was trying to do this a while back.

He was... ;D I think with the addition of a few 'secret weapons' he should be able to do this easily now ;)

--DDL

Daedal

cdanjo said:
I drew up plans for a laser lawn mower when I was 10. I didn't have the laser, though! I'm sure it would need to be in the few-watts range to cut fast enough. Plus it has to be a color readily absorbed by green grass, so NOT green! I think red and infrared would be fine.

Why mow the lawn when you can have the laser automatically detect if a patch of grass is getting long and mow it automatically at night while you sleep? ;D

--DDL