Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Surface mount components

Does anyone need Surface mount components? i know a store i can buy it from for you. Its not an online store so if you dont live near me, you can buy it from me. I need to know what surface mount pieces people need so i can buy a lot of those:thinking:

What can you get? I might well be interested in some resistors, caps, inductors, mosfets and a couple of ICs too, if the price is OK.

Oh I can get all sorts of surface mounts. Each i think is like 5 cents or something i can't remember. What ICs do you need?
The store has like over 200 different surface mounts and they have like a HUGE roll of each and they are in some sort of bubble wrap strip with a lot of pieces inside. I even saw resistors the size of a grain of salt!
Im not sure about surface mount ICs though, I only spent like 5 mins looking at that because i was in a hurry so give me a list and il go buy you some next time i go to the store

Last edited:
I need to do some more work and prototyping before I can come up with a parts list, but for the time being, do you think that you could get any surface-mount push-to-make switches - like the ones used in pen lasers? Here's a picture:

72419001.jpg

I don't know much about the switch - only that it looks identical to the one in the picture. I need at least one to fix on a laser, but a few spare would be useful. If it turns out to be more than about £10 shipped I'll probably buy from Rapid though - but they charge large shipping fees.

Full page: Rapid Electronics - Electronic Components

Last edited:
I need to do some more work and prototyping before I can come up with a parts list, but for the time being, do you think that you could get any surface-mount push-to-make switches - like the ones used in pen lasers? Here's a picture:

72419001.jpg

I don't know much about the switch - only that it looks identical to the one in the picture. I need at least one to fix on a laser, but a few spare would be useful. If it turns out to be more than about £10 shipped I'll probably buy from Rapid though - but they charge large shipping fees.

Full page: Rapid Electronics - Electronic Components

Is that the standard momentary or is it smaller? Here is a site that i used to buy until i heard of this new store
Switches - Main Page
tell me which switch and i can buy you some for like 10 cents or something.:)

It's similar to ones on that site, however the picture I have is a precise match. The ones on that site you listed have a slightly different footprint, I'm afraid, so I doubt they'll fit on my laser's PCB.

It's similar to ones on that site, however the picture I have is a precise match. The ones on that site you listed have a slightly different footprint, I'm afraid, so I doubt they'll fit on my laser's PCB.
Well you can give me the exact dimensions and i can measure it and see which one you need. The site you posted said that its 3mm thick. I think they sell 3mm thick ones. The button is very flat

HIMNL9

Hi, if for you is not too much disturb, can you please ask to that shop if they have LT3080 in SOT223 package, and if yes, how much they ask for them ?

Thanks.

Hi, if for you is not too much disturb, can you please ask to that shop if they have LT3080 in SOT223 package, and if yes, how much they ask for them ?

Thanks.

Thats not a problem. I go there almost every week so it doesnt matter. I can look for the LT3080 surface mount but i can't guarantee they have it. But if they have it, how many would you like and what's your price for each?
If they dont have that exact one, would you want an alternative?

Last edited:

HIMNL9

There is no alternative for them (or, better said, the only alternative is the LT3080-1, that is 8 pins case), they are current sources that i use in some drivers ..... i'm searching to find if there's any good source for them, cause here in Italy, the distribution of SMD components is a pain you-know-where, at hobby level ..... no problems if you need 5000 pieces :p, but if you need 5 or 10, no market .....

The last price that i've found for them, was like 2$, but the seller was asking for a minimum order of 1000 pieces ..... where instead i probably need 10 or 15 of them only :p

Ya i hate that problem. I am trying to find a 2N6504 thyristor and i can't find it without wholesale.
Thats why im helping people buy SMD components instead of making them google for hours finding nothing

There is no alternative for them (or, better said, the only alternative is the LT3080-1, that is 8 pins case), they are current sources that i use in some drivers ..... i'm searching to find if there's any good source for them, cause here in Italy, the distribution of SMD components is a pain you-know-where, at hobby level ..... no problems if you need 5000 pieces :p, but if you need 5 or 10, no market .....

The last price that i've found for them, was like 2$, but the seller was asking for a minimum order of 1000 pieces ..... where instead i probably need 10 or 15 of them only :p
I checked the price on the website and it was 1.50$. The price on the website is always more expensive because of the shipping and all that trouble for them to mail it so i would say about 1.00$ each

What can you get? I might well be interested in some resistors, caps, inductors, mosfets and a couple of ICs too, if the price is OK.
I just bought some SMDs for that other guy. If you still want some, give me the specs and il go buy. Im 70% sure they have SMD momentary switches. I can go there next week on saturday