Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel CR2 Kit - Polished! - SCHWEET!

jayrob

In case you want to fix it, I use a pair of pliers and squeeze a little at a time... working my way around. (pinching the pill with the brass ring)

Well it's stuck on a diagonal... It's hard to explain a little, but I've tried almost everything, and it wont budge.

jayrob

Worst case, you could press it together evenly with a vice...

But of course you would have to make sure no wires will get smashed. And also make sure the driver is clear...

The problem is, the brass ring is not only thick, but a very tight press fit. So it must press in evenly...

Well I gave it another try, and this time it worked. Thx.

Edit : If I used 3.7V to set the driver, then is it a problem if I use a 3V battery?

Last edited:

jayrob

The V5 FlexDrive will still regulate the same with a 3 volt vs a 4.2 volt input...

But the 3 volt battery will get used up faster because the driver will use extra current to boost voltage to what the diode is asking for.

So the current draw will be a lot more for the 3 volt battery...

This battery recommended with this host: (unless you can find a protected one, but AW doesn't make them any longer)
RCR2 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Well I bought 10 of them on DX (panasonic batteries) that are, according to the reviews, really realiable. I'm gonna give those a try. If they empty out too fast, I'll go with the one you're recommending.

jayrob

CudaVert, I sent your Stainless Steel CR2 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter, and 405-G-1 glass lens today. (Thursday)

Set at 190mA's per your request...

Hope you like it!

Got this kit, diode and my helping hands all in the mail yesterday.
Great timing!

This is a great host, and jayrob's work is excellent. I have a feeling I will be either getting this or the 'big brother' for my next one, which will be a 445.

You made it almost too easy to put together.
It was a little tough to get the pill and heatsink threaded on all the way, but not hard at all.

I would say thread tape definitely helps on the lens.

Very cool for my first 'real' laser! I've been showing it off to friends and neighbors for the last day and a half. Cutting electrical tape is pretty fun. :eg:

Thanks again!

jayrob

Your welcome... Glad you like the kit!

akelu, I'm sending your Stainless Steel CR2 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink, EzFocus adapter and other items today. (Monday)

Set at 450mA's per your request...

Thanks!

Got the batteries and fired it up today.

img3996d.jpg

img3997.jpg

The batteries work okay, but they behave a little weird... When I fire up the laser for the first time, it starts out not so bright, on the second time it's way brighter, then it goes down a little on the third light up, and finally it start going back up to normal. If I leave it untouched for more then 30min the cycle restarts.... :confused:

jayrob

Hmmm... I guess it may be a battery issue, hard to say...

But it sounds like something else. Maybe a driver, or connection issue??

No, it's not the driver, it's well connected. I guess it maybe the protection on the batteries, although I can't say that for sure since I can't read the japense on the label. But it has been more stable recently.

jayrob

Geoffcake, I sent your Stainless Steel CR2 kit and other items today. (Tuesday)

Hope you like your kits and lenses!

:thanks:

jayrob

It's a matter of build style...

You can do it that way, but you can get the negative feed to the driver from the pill...

If you get the 'Hot' option kit from me, it will be done that way. And all you need to do is connect my lead wires from the driver output, to your diode...

which flex drive do you use for the hot option?
is it the flexdrive v5 ?
Can you tell me the voltage input ?