Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink...

^ 22? ;-) Never mind, you mean after the 22nd of this month. :)

Last edited:

jayrob

FFnor, I sent your SolarForce L2P heatsink with extra set screw, and EzFocus adapter today. (Monday)

pharmhand, same goes for your SolarForce L2P 'Hot' option kit with AixiZ 445 lens, EzFocus adapter (knurled), and AixiZ module.

Set at 1 Amp per your request...

Hope you guys like the kits!

jayrob

newlum, I sent your SolarForce L2P 'Hot' option kit with knurled EzFocus adapter, AixiZ 445 lens and other item today. (Wednesday)

Set at 750mA's per your request...

Hope you like it!

jayrob

x101xtreme, I'm sending your SolarForce 'maxed' 'Hot' option kit with driver heatsink, EzFocus adapter and 405-G-1 glass lens today. (Tuesday)

Set at 1523mA's...

Be careful with that bad boy!

jayrob

Cenobite9, I sent your SolarForce L2P heatsink today. (Thrusday)

Hope you like it!

jayrob

Spartan, I sent your SolarForce L2P 'Hot' option kit with EzFocus adapter and 405-G-1 glass lens today. (Friday)

Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
Today I have received my SolarForce L2P heatsink. I am using it in a SolarForce L2 (no P) host. This is the same host that is in the complete kit except that it is not painted. The heatsink fits great and looks really good in the non-painted L2 host. I am not sure of the actual power of the laser itself as I haven't had time to get over to roSSco's and meter it yet but from various brightness and burn tests it is more powerful than my 440mW 445. This new one is using a Microboost drive set to 950mA so I'm guessing around 1 watt of laserlight out. I have attached some pics. For those that have a SolarForce L2P or L2 laying around waiting to be converted inot a laser, this is the heatsink to get! For those that don't, get the kit as this host is awesome and disperses heat well. The rather dangerous looking bezel piece that comes with the L2 host is not the same one on the L2P (this one has sharper edges and is a little taller for some reason) but I think it is available from Lighthound... Overall I am very happy with this build.

Attachments

• Pieces.JPG
    Pieces.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 543
  • test_fit.JPG
    test_fit.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 513
  • test_fit_together.JPG
    test_fit_together.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 448
  • complete.JPG
    complete.JPG
    319.1 KB · Views: 611
  • business_end.JPG
    business_end.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 543
  • attempt_at_beam_shot.JPG
    attempt_at_beam_shot.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 1,700
  • in_hand.JPG
    in_hand.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

jayrob

Glad you like the heatsink! Thanks for posting back...

I see that your bezel sticks out farther than the bezel that comes with the L2P host...

My heatsink that I sent you is measured for an L2P and would look like this with the other bezel:
L2P%2016.jpg

Your's still looks good, but it would look just like this picture (finish length) if you bought the normal bezel shown in this picture.

Stainless steel one here:
Solarforce Stainless Steel Slight Crenelated Bezel Ring for Solarforce and Lighthound heads

Holy crap! I would like that exact 405 laser that Cenobite9 just built!
Isn't that the gun metal one for 12.99?

Solarforce L2 Host Gun Metal Color Type 2 Anodized

Don't know that I want to push it that hard though.
(I should be getting 12x bluray soon)
If I get host, I would need heatsink, driver set for bout 800mw, module, lens upgrade.
Did I leave out anything?
Thanks,
Jeff

jayrob

If your just going to use an AixiZ focus ring for the lens, then you have your list complete...

One thing, if I had one of those larger bezel's (like his), I could easily fit the heatsink to finish cleaner.

I currently have the measurements for the shorter bezel finish...

I'm looking into the SolarForce L2P Kit. I need a host with some size to it and the ability to have a focus knob or head. With your focus knob and heads what range(degree) of beam divergence do you get ? I want to be able to focus real tight and to bloom out like a flashlight. Also looking for a unit that is easy to build different wavelength heads for easy swap out. What do you think of the Aixiz modules ? I have on 30mW green one that has a poor quality beam. The dot just has a universe around it. That might just be the cheap acrylic lens ? I want quality glass for a nice image. I'm ready to get going on the project but just need some guidence on the best set up for my application. Looking into setting up a 300-500mW Green. Who has the best module for the app above?
Thanks Todd
TJSOLAR@insightbb.com

O-Like is the only place I know of that sells cheap high powered green modules, but I doubt they'll fit in this flashlight at all. They have 250/350mW models for fair prices.

jayrob

For that kind of power in a green, your best bet it getting a laser from the CNI group buy from scopeguy20...

Check the Group Buy section...

The O-like higher power ones don't have good beam quality from what I have seen. They have the 'fat' beams...

But their smaller 12mm modules have nice beams...

Last edited:
Jayrob: Can you recommend a battery and supplier? Best and cheap for this build?

Are these Rayfoss for 6$ any good???
www.rayfoss.com

Thanks,
Jeff