Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pole Pig - Yup thats 14.4kv at 500mA!

First off, sorry if we're not supposed to sell non-laser stuff but most of you guys are into HV electronics too.

I don't expect this to sell right away but I just wanted to get the word out. For obvious reasons whoever buys it will have to come by and pick it up. It's like 300lbs and shipping it would cost thousands. I live in Oceanside CA.

It's used, but it hasn't been used as a pole distribution transformer since it was refurbished. I bought it from a guy who used to work for SDGE (SD gas & electric). I had intentions to make a big Tesla Coil but I just don't have the time, money, or space to build a big one. Plus my neighbors aren't to fond of my little Tesla Coils as it is. So I've just been using it as a 7000watt weed killer. LOL :na:

So I'm willing to part with it. These things are extremely rare and hard to find. So if you're interested, make me an offer. I'd also be willing to trade for a moderately powered hand-held 473nm or 589nm laser. Or maybe a cool argon laser or something like that.

I haven't forgotten about you, Flaminpyro. I know you expressed interest in it too.

DSC09222.jpg

-Tony

Last edited:

Can we get a proof of working video?
Not that i doubt you but i have never seen one of those off the poles in action.
Would be great for fishing i would not have to climb the pole anymore....

I have to get a new ballast for it. I used to have a nice inductor that I used to limit the current but I sold it a while ago. As soon as I get one I'll take some pics of it in action. I assure you that it does work fine, but I totally understand that anyone who buys it will want to make sure that it works before they haul it away. I'll try and find a heating element to use as a ballast. It's wont be as efficient but it'll work well enough for a test.

-Tony