Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Osram PL520 520nm 50mW in module $50 (please read)

plexus

Here is something a little unusual. This is a PL520 520nm green laser diode pressed into a copper module with an acrylic lens for $50. This is a DTR diode module, that he sells for $79.

so why only $50 - there is a problem, jim. Below are beam shots of the raw beam out of the diode. The other is the beam shot of a healthy PL520. notice the concentric rings. This is an aberration caused usually by a damaged exit aperture window. This module came from a build from someone else. It is what it is. I removed it from the build and replaced it with a new LD.

So up for grabs is this LD with the aforementioned issues. I can't tell what is causing it. However the LD will output the usual 80mw with glass lens, 100mw with G2 lens. and the beam, when focused is nice and not much different than the new diode. So other than wider beams like this is not much different when collimated with the lens. I just prefer to have a smooth nice beam profile with my lasers. so my pickiness is your gain.

$55US as-is shipped anywhere in NA

PL520-1.jpg

PL520-2.jpg

PL520-3.jpg

PL520-4.jpg

ped

That's a bargain for someone.
I had a similar diode, and like you said, when collimated , its barely noticeable.

I have cleaned my diode windows that had those rings and made them perfect or very near perfect. I used distilled white vinigar and a q-tip. what I do is soak one end in the vinigar, then take a second q-tip, and ever so lightly tap it against the soaked end of the first one, such that only a minute amount is absorbed. use this end and then the dry one to clean the diode window. I have done this with great success with my 9mm 445 diode, my 405 diode, a M140, and even a tiny 520 like yours. I admit that the 520 is the hardest due to having the smallest window, but with some patience you should be able to at least vastly improve it. I did have to go through quite a few q tips to do this, but was able to make it nearly indistinguishable from a new clean window.

I use this same method to clean my lenses when needed, also with great success

I think you may be lying though. you sure you dont want to just sell it so you can upgrade to the new 520 diodes DTR has?:angel:

Last edited:

NKO29

I used nail polish remover which contains acetone to remove burnt on marks on my 445nm diode's window :) went through HEAPS of q tips tho :p Anyway a great bargain for somebody who can clean this :beer: Shipping is what ruins all of these deals for me :(

Isn't it dangerous to unglue the window by using acetone? I think I've read that somewhere.

NKO29

Late reply but I didn't detach the window I just cleaned off the burned in oil or whatever it was.

Blord

I take it if the price is $55US shipped Belgium. You can use the cheapest shipping you want.

plexus

I take it if the price is $55US shipped Belgium. You can use the cheapest shipping you want.

Hi Blord. I can ship it to Belgium via air mail for an additional $5. so $60US.

Blord

Alright then I take it. It is a pita to clean the tiny window but it is doable. :)