Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS or trade 365nm Name brand LED

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

OK guys so I bought this LED a year ago to cure UV adhesive and since then I bought the same emitter on a smaller starboard.

DSC09685_zpsgwao3avh.jpg

DSC09692_zps7fioi06o.jpg

DSC09694_zpszckq2hle.jpg

Note: This is not your Chinese wannabe 365nm led.
to put it into perspective a year and a half back I bought a Chinese wannabee led and it took over 5 minutes to fully cure CRL UV702. This LED takes 2 seconds.

This is a name brand LED Engine.

Here is a link to where i bought it
LZ1-10UV00-0000 LED Engin | Mouser

I'm asking $25 Shipped conus
I will also trade it for a Phlatlight blue if anyone is up for it.

I have put less than 5 minutes run time on the LED all in short few second bursts to Cure adhesive.
Its never been run hot and never been over-driven.
:thanks: for looking​

Out of curiosity, do you notice a visible light yellowish "leak" from it when pointed at non-fluorescent surfaces?

I'd really like to find an UV LED that doesn't have that.

To block visible light, you could also use an UV-pass filter, which you can find for not a whole lot on some sites.

All I've seen are too expensive (considerably more than the LED/flashlight). Do you have a link?

If you care for the LEDs, then you should not connected them to a open circuit constant current power supply.
LEDs are of course a lot more robust than your average laser diode, but this can still degrade the die or even destroy it, depending on the output capacitance. Maybe your PSU is very quick, but it is still not a good practice in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nice power supply :)

How about if you watch the current while testing the LED, if it doesn't climb above an excessive amount no harm done, right?

The current is constant, but the voltage goes up when the LED is not connected. The initial voltage spike when connecting the LED is doing the damage.

D

Deleted member 16589

The current is constant, but the voltage goes up when the LED is not connected. The initial voltage spike when connecting the LED is doing the damage.

Well its set on Constant current at 700mA so in theory there should be no voltage spike. I can put it on My oscilloscope and see Now I'm curious

A PERFECT current source would have no transient when connecting a load. However, all REAL current sources have some capacitance on the output - parasitic or deliberate. This capacitance is charged when the source tries to push current through an open circuit, and is discharged through the load when the load is connected. This output capacitance produces a current spike.

Never connect a load to a current source while the current source is active.