Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Nova Alpha125 **SOLD***

[highlight]This is now sold. Thanks everyone! Be sure to check out my 95mW blu-ray laser (which can be found here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1213179689 ) that is still for sale at a great price!![/highlight]

That's right ladies and gentlemen. I'm selling my Alpha125 to make room for bigger lasers!

THIS was the laser that started it all for me. After a steady flow of horrible, below spec, tem01 DealExtreme lasers, I finally bit the bullet and bought this and I couldn't have been happier. This laser is steady as a rock and hasn't ever given me a problem.

This could be YOUR first 'real' laser! If you're tired of being let down by all those DX greenies, this is the laser for you.

This is the laser that gave my camera the infamous "CCD Burns". It lights matches with ease.

The power output specs from nova are in my signature, and have been verified on my laser power meter.

This laser comes with the original (and very nice I might add... I really wish I could sell the laser without it  ;D )  case, and ALL the original paperwork.

Check out the Nova Lasers website for more info:  http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=7&idproduct=53

The laser has a two-tone look to it, as the previous owner (a member of this forum who had it for a very short period of time) preferred the look. It looks nice, but if it's not your thing a brand new tube can be bought from NOVA at a very low price.

Here are the pictures!

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

Here it is on my power meter after 20 seconds. Read the power by using the 1-3 scale on the bottom.
DSC00888.jpg

And, with this laser I will also include the time tunnel diffraction grating.
DSC00889.jpg

Don't miss out on this chance to own a great laser, from a great company, at a great price.

Take her home for $225 + shipping!

Re: FS: Nova Alpha125 (The infamous CCD damage las

Looks like a nice laser for a nice price, I MAY be interested. I'll think about it.

Does it have all the safety features (dongle, key etc)?

You have a nice tower :)

LarryQ

I have to say...I own an Alpha 125..

There is NO Way on this world I would let mine go for this asking price of 225!!!

No way..No How!!!!!

I know Nova..I've dealt with Nova....I own an Alpha 125.....

Someone is going to get a STEAL at that price!

DAMN Gus....nice laser..AWESOME PRICE!

Too Cool for words!~

LarryQ

LazerGuy said:
Looks like a nice laser for a nice price, I MAY be interested. I'll think about it.

Does it have all the safety features (dongle, key etc)?

yup! like murudai said it complies with all the fda regulations.

Safety features are as follows:

Aperture shutter
2-3 second emission delay
safety dongle
key switch
emission indicator LED

This laser is priced to sell! I really would never get rid of it, but I'm picking up a 300mW hand-held and need to use this money as the down payment  :cool:

The reason I asked about the safety features is that some other Alpha lasers has been sold here before, and one of the sellers modified it by taking away the dongle and the keyswitch. And since the other guy who had it before made it look two-tone, I figured that it perhaps had been modded as well. But I want the safety features, I think that the laser looks cool and dangerous with it. :)

I really can't afford it right now ( I just spent all my laser money on a blu-ray and a red from IgorT), but this is an incredible deal! So I don't know really... :-/

Yeah, that's totally true. Safety stuff does make things more dangerous :)

I mean, imagine if to launch a nuke people just hit enter on their keyboards. How boring. But when they launch nukes by turning key switches, inputting secret codes, having alert alarms going off and lots of big red buttons to push, it's cool :)

Yup, I totally agree with you about that Murudai. It's the same thing with lasers as with nukes: Imagine an extremely powerful multi-petawatt laser being turned on with a click swith like in a CNI pen. How boring! ;D

And Gooey, I think I'm gonna pass (although it hurts because it's such a GREAT deal). My wallet just can't afford this at the moment. :(