Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Not working jake21 open can MXDL

Up for sale is one not working MXDL jake21 open can
The thing has a 420 mA advertised rckstr fixed driver, tested and was putting out 390mA
Laser was bought somewhere near august, maybe early september, I don't remember
The thing stopped working after I charged my batteries, laser shows voltage, but will not draw current
This would be a great, cheap way to get an open can MXDL if you know how to fix stuff.
Asking 45$ shipped to USA.
Pics on request.

jake21

here is a graph of the mxdl laser that i sent to kendal for potatorage, kendal resived it in working order, kendal got few reading's on his power meter and sent it to potatorage im not sure why/how it broke but here is the graph

Attachments

• graph.JPG
    graph.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 62
potato, i'm not sure what happened to your laser but its probably a really easy fix if you want to send it to me. I can sell you a new 20x diode and fix the laser for you for like $40 if u want. As stated, I got the laser from jake in working condition and tested it at the above results. I packaged it with crazy amounts of bubble wrap and anti static bags so it should have been in working condition when you got it. Perhaps the mailman threw it around a little too hard if you dont think that you did anything to damage the laser. it happens sometimes...

anyways, let me know if u want me to fix it for you.

thanks,
Kendall

I'm not really interested in getting it fixed; I really can't afford it.

daguin

The problem you are facing with this is that it is not a working laser. Your description shows that the diode is probably blown. The "washer" heat sink really doesn't count toward value. It will have to be disassembled completely to be re-built. As such it is really only a collection of three parts:

host = $11
module = $3
driver = $10

I'll give you $27, shipped

Peace,
dave