Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: *MINT* Optotronics RPL-375 laser w/ extras <<< SOLD!!!

Tman

Re: FS: *MINT* Optotronics RPL-375 laser w/ Ultrafire rapid charger & 2600 mah batter

so this LPM @ around 425mW or so?

Re: FS: *MINT* Optotronics RPL-375 laser w/ Ultrafire rapid charger & 2600 mah batter

I would be surprised. I have an RPL-165 and it peaks at 196mW and averages 178mW. They are overspec, but not massively so from what I understand. One exception might be if you are buying the highest rated laser in a class, then it might be farther overspec judging from the vids on their site.

Tman

so around 400mW?

Jack rated it @ a stable of 398, but I dont remember the peak... But you are probably close (if not short).... He did me right when I bought this, and gave me some good units in my order (I got 2 of RPL-375's and some pointers... and I had been talking to him off and on for YEARS about getting one, so he really took care of me when I finally did). Sigh, Im going to miss this thing... Even if I didn't use it as much as I would have liked to.. Just the principle of the whole thing.

If I dont get any bites in the next couple of days, Im going to put it up on Ebay..... I may just do that anyways.

Anyone?

Attachments

• DSCF0081-1.jpg
    DSCF0081-1.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0078 copy.jpg
    DSCF0078 copy.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 131

Sorry, for some reason thought you asked if peak was @ 425.... ya its just under 400 stable

I spoke with Jack, he remembered you very well. He said it was 390mW+, so that is right in line with what you are saying.

Lol I would hope he would remember me... I pestered him about this for far too long! Let me know if you would like to go through with this so I can send the paypal request asap... I can PM you my phone # if you think it would be easier to communicate that way.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

I have decided to bite the bullet here and offer to accept less than my original asking price of $650, within reason. I would really like to avoid using ebay if I can, as it always becomes a massive headache... It never fails that the winning bidder backs out after the auction is over, or I end up getting roped up with someone that didnt read the terms of payment, so I end up having to argue with someone in Nigeria that wants to send western union after I have sent the item, and so on.... Please help me avoid ebay!

Accepting reasonable offers...

Hope this speeds things up a little? Thanks in advance to anyone with interest.

Have a good weekend!

Had I not spent a crap load of money on an RPL-500, I would have been all over this!

Jack rated it @ a stable of 398, but I dont remember the peak... But you are probably close (if not short).... He did me right when I bought this, and gave me some good units in my order (I got 2 of RPL-375's and some pointers... and I had been talking to him off and on for YEARS about getting one, so he really took care of me when I finally did). Sigh, Im going to miss this thing... Even if I didn't use it as much as I would have liked to.. Just the principle of the whole thing.

If I dont get any bites in the next couple of days, Im going to put it up on Ebay..... I may just do that anyways.

Anyone?

Just out of curiousity, what did you do with the other RPL and the pointers. I was under the impression you saved up a long time for this and I didn't realize you got two RPL's and some pointers.

I'm trying to talk myself into this, but I want to be very careful. Hope you understand. :)

the second RPL was for a friend who I convinced needed to buy one too, as was one of the pointers, and someone dropped my pointer (like a GENIOUS) a bit too hard on cement and killed it :gun:

Last edited:

As I mentioned to tsteele in a PM, I understand that it can be difficult purchasing an item from a member on a forum that has either just joined, or never really posted.... Therefor not having any kind of stature with any of the other members who may be able to vouch for them.

While I have only been a lurker here on LPF, I was at one point very active in the community, namely over at CPF and greenlasers.co.uk when it was still highly active (which it may still be?)... So, I wanted to offer some kind of comfort to everyone in that Im not just using a fly-by-night username to scam people, and do actually care about my rapport within the community (my obsession w/ lasers wont be leaving me any time soon).

So, if youd like to speak with me directly, let me know and I will supply you with my phone number or gmail account info so we can chat... And as I offered tsteele, Id be happy to show you the laser via webcam if youd like to make sure that I actually own the thing and it works and such...

Also, you can view some of my posts over at CPF by clicking my username (the same way you would here) on this post that I spent hours putting together for everyone, which was eventually stickied (aaaaand well beyond outdated at this point, ha). I also carried out a group buy for a few PGL-III's from CNI, which I believe at least a couple of the people that were involved are now members here. Couldnt find the original post over at CPF, but didnt look through all of them yet.

Oh and I have a longstanding Paypal account which is of course verified.

I hope this helps some of you with your level of comfort... Feel free to PM me for additional contact info as mentioned above.

Thanks.... Have a good rest of your Sunday guys.

-Brett G

Last edited:

My wife is not liking you right now. Just got a new iPad on Friday and now I'm considering this...

Maybe Luke Skywalker?