Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: lasers, dichros, pbs cube, and lots more!

Hey drew, just wanted to say I got the modules today. I thought the drivers were within the aixiz, but... that's alright. I didn't wanna desolder anything, so I just used a hacksaw, dremel, and lots of crazy glue to get everything to fit and be secure inside my host. I won't get into the details but, it was a little bit of a pain, but I got it to work!!!!! :):):). Now I FINALLY built a nice looking blu-ray after SOO much work (13 out of 16 broken diodes). I love it, and thanks again. Here's a pic:
IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Actually using a weird heatsink. I think its aluminum or brass since it cut easily - pretty sure brass, but I could be wrong. It was a pipe or something adapter which I think went from 3/4" male to 3/4" female, threaded. I ended up cutting off the male part and threaded it backwards into the female part and glued it in place. The hole it had going through the whole thing was approx. the size of the aixiz (That's why i used it). It was about 2-3mm longer maybe. So, I ended up wrapping some temperature tape I had from DealExtreme around the module and then jammed the module in. (I use that tape all the time now - really comes in handy. It's good since it transfers heat well, yet it doesn't conduct electricity. It's how I isolate drivers from being short-circuited). After I pushed the module through, although it was pretty tight as-it-is, I put some crazy glue on from the front & from the back. I know a simple Jayrob heatsink would've been much easier but.. I'm cheap, and since you asked, I thought I should give you a true answer :)

I may post a picture of it from the front so you can see. It was pretty simple to do, and was very cheap. It's much better than trying to drill through washers (Did it before, prob. won't do it again). It also ended up with a nice little design at the top.

Peng

Hello Drew,
I have a question.
eleventh is 2x coleman max led host heatsinks made by dark-horse 10$ea or 20$ for both
Are these for the Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Flashlight, 2 CR2?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196614
If not, please send link.
Thanks

Edit: One more question. The PHR that you have with Rkcstr driver is it the fixed or adjustable?

Peng said:
Hello Drew,
I have a question.
eleventh is 2x coleman max led host heatsinks made by dark-horse 10$ea or 20$ for both
Are these for the Coleman Cree XLamp XR-E LED Flashlight, 2 CR2?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196614
If not, please send link.
Thanks

Edit: One more question. The PHR that you have with Rkcstr driver is it the fixed or adjustable?

Hey, I actually bought the PHR already and received it. Also... yeah I was also wondering which light the Coleman max was too. But, if it's over $15 I'm probably not going to buy it, so.. the heatsinks are all yours if you want 'em

Peng

Drew,
Payment sent for the sinks +other stuff
Thanks,
Peng

still got item that havent sold yet... im really surprised no one wants a 405nm pbs cube :-?

drew said:
still got item that havent sold yet... im really surprised no one wants a 405nm pbs cube :-?

pm sent on pbs- hopefully it is a 15 mm in good condition???