Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Full 1.2W+ kit and fully built laser! $129.99

Re: FS: Full 1.2+ kit and fully built laser! $129.99

Free set of batteries if you order today.

Looking like an awesome deal! Are these the same as I got in the auction? I can't wait for that to arrive!!!

Put me down for a kit, if you have one available... PM sent

Morbid, please click the link to purchase.

Oh... :crackup: ok

:paypal:

Can you LPM the fully built versions?

Also can you offer some kind of warranty for fully built, for example if treated well, and kept to a reasonable duty cycle, 90 day return or exchange? To prevent issues with buyer's remorse, only offer returns on faulty laser.

Also how durable are these builds, I mean for pocket carry, getting dropped from say 4 feet height, etc...

+1 rep for providing a great good option to people too lazy to build their own lasers.

Ill update the thread, but now I have an LPM I will include an LPM test with all lasers.

The only issue by offering a warranty is that I don't know how you will treat the laser, and there is no way for me to know weather or not you respected the duty cycle.

They are pretty durable. I'm not sure how durable any laser would be if it gets dropped from 4 ft high.

Well, I do see your point ;)

A reasonable duty cycle shouldn't be a problem though, so long as it's not too conservative.

With regards to dropping... that's more of a personal pipe dream of mine I guess. Coming off of a flashlight and knife addiction to a laser addiction, I just wish lasers were of similar durability. Some of my flashlights have been through urban hell, and most are still working perfectly.

Usually with these after about 3-4 minutes I can feel the host getting warm. Thats usually when I know to turn it off. But I doubt the diode will last long if somebody is laseing it around for 20 minutes non stop.

Usually with these after about 3-4 minutes I can feel the host getting warm. Thats usually when I know to turn it off. But I doubt the diode will last long if somebody is laseing it around for 20 minutes non stop.

:yabbem: I only did that once. I wouldn't really expect anything short of a very high end laser to be able to handle that kind of abuse... Passive cooling can only do so much.

Besides, who in their right mind would do that to an expensive laser?

Yeah, or maybe they would do it to just see if it can last that long, and if it breaks, "hey I got a warranty!"

Actually I'm kind of on the flip side of that situation right now with O-like. A laser is not working, I'm sending it back, but what if they decide that it's my fault, something I did to it?

There must be some ways to build in tampering safeguards. Something that would hopefully point out idiots. Those that can bypass safeguards are usually too smart to ruin things in the first place.

I hope my greenie is up to spec and doesn't die. I can't wait for it to arrive!

I hope my greenie is up to spec and doesn't die. I can't wait for it to arrive!

So far I think I'm the only one with a laser that died. I'll admit, I'm kind of feeling :mad: about it.

So long as they fix it, with a replacement I'm ok with that. I mean I am holding off spamming a review until they have the chance to correct the problem.

O-like seems to have a decent reputation in general, but Susie's comment about "not your fault" has me kind of concerned. What if she says I ran the laser too long, or put the battery in wrong way? I mean I don't really know of other ways to ruin a laser except to basically smash one... or as it happened with me once, fall on one, RIP 30mw pen.:yabbem:

This thing has been babied though, only ran it to 100 seconds once. It did start to feel warm a little after a minute.

Don't sweat it, Susie should take care of you. And IIRC I heard that someone else got an underspec one but susie gave them a replacement.