Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

DIY Green Kits shipping today: (Tuesday)

Maki
noch (with Kaleidoscope tip as well)

Hope you guys like them!

ok one last question.

(you know the whole story about i dropped the laser blabla)

i just got the glue but now it shows sort of pixels around the dot. (like the snow on the tv) i tryed to clean it but its not on the lens. can i screw out the lens to clean it? (the way you would focus it but than so far so you can take it out)

EDIT: heres a pic

EDIT2: nvm. got it fixed. i cannot tweak alot with my laser since i dont have goggles. (witch color do i need for green??)

i will post some pics soon. its hard to take a decend picture of you beam and/or dot. any tips? (got one: dont use you moblie phone:p)

Last edited:

jayrob

Glad you got it fixed... When you get safety glasses, just make sure the range covers 532nm for green.

turjillo123, I sent your DIY Green kit with copper heatsink today. (Thursday)

Hope you like it!

jayrob

swrightman4, I'm sending your DIY Green kit today. (Wednesday)

Hope you like it!

971350088_6_pSMR.jpeg

971350274_6_aZHg.jpeg

971350364_6_XxzF.jpeg

lost a couple pics but here are some

jayrob

Thanks for posting back!

DIY Green kits shipping today: (Tuesday)

terdy
eliteunltdpe

(both of these kits are using my 18650 host per our conversation)

Thanks!

jayrob

pipan10, I am sending your DIY Green kit, with your Pocket Mini 'Hot' option kit and 650-G-1 glass lens today. (Thursday)

I have it set at 400mA's per your request...

Thanks!

jayrob

MrTechyGuy, I sent your DIY Green kit today. (Tuesday)

Sorry about the wait, thanks for being so patient!

jeffez

Hi Im new here and I have a 50mw olike module and have been looking for a simple build kit. I notice you have a range of hosts. Can you recommend anything, this one looks good but a bit out if my price range. Also do I need to worry about a ir filter? Cheer :)

jayrob

This kit is the easiest build...

It offers the best heatsinking for your module as well. (out of my kits)

The extra cost is because of the extra front piece.

About IR. Personally I wouldn't worry about it with an o-like 50mW module. It may be about 5mW's IR, but your not going to be looking directly at the aperture when the laser is on... (I hope not anyway)

jayrob

audiofreq, I sent your DIY Green kit today. (Saturday)

Hope you like it!

about this part - first I have not built this but this makes sense to me

"This is an easy way to take up the extra space in the barrel so that your battery doesn't 'rattle'. Since the host is fit for an 18650, the RCR123 fit is loose. Just put a piece of the foam type double sided tape on the battery, and leave the protective part on the top side of the tape!"

I would just take it off and stick a piece of paper to it, because over time it will come off and sticky sections will appear - stick a piece of paper to it and it should stay that way

jayrob

Good idea...

Another good and easy way to make a battery sleeve, is to cut a strip of plastic from a 2 liter bottle of soda. Then roll up the sheet...

You can easily cut it to the right length to make a nice spacer for your battery...

Jayrob!! do you still have any lasers with kaleidoscope tips available? Or perhaps know where to find them. I'm guessing they are considered cliche or corny and only found on cheap lasers now? Either way, I want one pretty bad