Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Got you covered!

DIY Green kits shipping today: (Friday)

vw3858
artyinthehouse

Hope you guys like them!

vw3858

Got you covered!

DIY Green kits shipping today: (Friday)

vw3858
artyinthehouse

Hope you guys like them!

Got my DIY Green Kit from JayRob today:thanks:

Did my quick switch jumper on my '200mw DX Module' (yeah I know, I know), and threw in a fresh Surefire SF123A and BAM!!!!!! This thing ROCKS! Love the quality workmanship and 'simple' put-together....Thanks JayRob:wave::wave:

just got the module and assembled it. it looks awesome. i will post some photos tomorrow.
the only thing is that you can see like 1/4 of a circle of you move close to a wall. and if
you look from the top you can see that the module is not perfect aligned. but i dont care since it does not take anything from the laser.

jayrob

Couple of things you could experiment with...

The beam doesn't always come out of green modules at a perfectly centered line. But the distance from the front of the module and the exit aperture in this build is so close that it will never hit the aluminum front piece.

Do you still get this '1/4" circle' if you turn it on without the front piece installed?

If you think the beam is 'clipping' the edge of the exit aperture of the aluminum front piece, you could try just turning the module a little.

Just loosen the set screw in the pill, and turn it a little to experiment.

This set screw does not need to be really tight. It is just for a positive contact point. And also to hold the module in position. But if you tighten it too tight, it will crush the module brass barrel a little...

i just looked at it and its still the same if you remove the front piece.
only its not that rounded because the laser does not go trough the front piece.
and you only see it when youre like 20cm or closer to a wall. (with the laser itself not with your head)

i will try ajusting it a bit.

jayrob

Hmmm... well if it looks the same without the front piece, then it's the module...

Possibly just a dirty lens. (hopefully)

jayrob

DIY Green kits shipped today: (Wednesday)

briteideas
tippery

Hope you guys like them!

jayrob

vw3858, I sent your DIY Green kit today. (Friday)

Hope you like it!

got a question.

i accidentally dropped the kit today.
and then i noticed the dot was huge.

and i didnt know what is was.

the thing is that the ring (focus ring or whatever makes the dot bigger or smaller) around the lens (with the 2 notches beside it) has come loose.

i remember you told me it wasnt focusable but whatever...

so how do i fix this?

o and btw i tryed to fix the module position a bit. (because i saw a bit of the front piece) but it didnt work. but i doesnt matter. its not factory made and stuff so...

jayrob

Yes most green modules have the final collimating lens glued in place in the brass barrel...

If it is loose, then you may have gotten lucky and only have to focus it, then use some small amount of adhesive to keep it in focus.

Hopefully that is the only problem. But sometimes if you drop a module, other lenses and/or crystals come unglued.

As far a moving the module position. This is done without the battery installed. And then you will most likely need to adjust one or both spring lengths to fit the battery properly...

About focusing green lasers. There are a few hosts available which will focus a greenie...

I have one that I experimented with. It has the final lens in a movable (threaded) ring on the host. I removed the brass barrel and final lens from a green module and installed the module into the host, adjusted it's position so that the final lens of the host could be used to focus the laser.

It worked perfectly. Except...

For me personally, I did not like focusing a green module. In fact, I took the module out of the host, and put it's brass barrel and final lens back onto it.

I found that since the green beam on the DPSS module was already so thin, that trying to focus it only brought about less that desirable results. (IMO)

I found that the best position for the focus, was to have the best visual dot at maybe 50 to 70 feet. And that would result is a nice dot at just about any normal distances. But to move the focus either way from there, would only mess up the clean dot.

Sure, you can focus it to a tighter dot at close distance. But it's not a big deal. It's not like 150mW's it a serious burner or anything. If you want to burn, use a blu-ray or a red.

Anyway that's just my personal opinion about focusing a green...

ok tnx will try that.

nothings broken or anything i just needed to adjust the focus a bit.

so now its a "shake to focus" laser.
but now that i know adhesive is the same as glue (al those difficult words...) im gonna glue it together as i still need to figure out how...

jayrob

It's threaded right? Just use a small amount of medium strength thread lock...

my english is not perfect but i think you mean you can screw it out?
well i dont know yet but i will try it out. (you can only just turn it left and right until it does not go any further????)

and i also adjusted the focus a bit it now even better then before i dropped it.
from a distance from around 15m~20m the dot was 10~15cm in diameter. dont know if thats good but its better dan before.

jayrob

sebmarra, I sent your DIY Green kit with green tritium marker installed, Mini Green kit, and 3405 V2 heatsink today. (Wednesday)

Hope you like them!