Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:Aixiz Beam Combiner for PBS Cube NEW LISTING

DTMF

Re: FS:Aixiz Beam Combiner for PBS Cube NEW LISTIN

Looks very well made, I've always wanted to create one of these to get 400-500mw of red.... But I am poor and cant afford such a nice instrument right now ;)

If you are not completely satisfied with it, I'll buy it back! More info...Due to the massive heatsink, clam shell design you will dissipate more heat due to more surface area of contact of housing which equals more drive current which equals more output power (compared to set screw designs) All allum construction = light weight & stability. Precision 1/4 x 80 pitch screws for very precise adjustments. YOu are only limited by the powers you can achieve from diodes, and cleanlyness of your PBS Cube. I have another design but it does not offer all of these features (to be announced soon)

DTMF- very funny...I think you might have missed your true calling, how very perceptive of you ;D

Unit is sold, thanks for those who looked at it and made positive comments.

kendon

ok, i'm gonna stop before someone feels offended around here...

still dont get it.

Its, cool, i need to be more diplomatic and to treat others with respect, I am old and it is still a lesson I could learn. I will try to keep it in mind. :-[

Laserman532 said:
no need for thread to go to the crapper.  Skater dude, said to me "nice..but too expensive".  I said "you dont know what you are talking about, build one and you might get a better appreciation of what it takes, therefore justify the price".   I'll stand by my statement, I apologized for being a tad bit harsh.
Just to clarify, I totally understand the $220 price tag, I think it's a fair deal. just saying I can't justify to myself buying it.

also, I'm curious if the tiny PBS cubes in the PHR803T or GGWH20L sleds work with your device, or do you have to buy a special size cube to fit it?

-Kendall

The small pbs cubes could work but your beam is too big for the cube (you would end up with less power) by the time you put it in an aixiz module. Hang in there sk8er4514. I am working on another system which will be much more cost effective for the hobbiest level.

kendon said:
it is incredible how all the ultranerds cannot understand that some of us are fascinated by lasers, love to play with them, but are not willing to give their last cents to the hobby.

laserman, do you have a bike? does it cost less than 2800$? then please throw it away, there are more expensive bikes then yours out there, so you can't have fun with yours and you are a total lame ass and loser by not spending the highest amount possible. what, you just ride once a week for 2 miles? that doesn't change anything, go get one in 3000$+ range, or you will be superlame.

Umm... what?

Laserman wasn't trying to say "you're an idiot for not spending every dime you have to buy this unit", he was trying to explain that TIME is money, not that you have to have the absolute best of everything. I really dont think your analogy worked at all...
The problem here is that many of the people here on the forum are younger and thus they don't realize the cost of time. Time is money.