Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 445nm 1.2W and 900mW C6 Momentary-Button, Copper Heatsink

Hey everyone.

I built a couple of lasers for a local a while back, but he backed out and now I am out of the money I spent building the lasers. So I figured I would throw them up for sale on here.

They are essentially the same, with exception of the driver: the ~1.2W laser receives 1.15A of current while the 900mW laser receives 900mA of current or so. These are not remarkably high-powered, but they *are* good lasers (AND efficient!). The driver is a rather efficient buck driver, too: about 85-90% efficiency. I've ran one for over 15 minutes before without heatsinking and none of the parts overheated.

What makes these special, however, is that:
A) They have press-fit copper heatsinks, and
B) They have momentary-on tail-cap switches.

The switches are rated for 5A, so they are easily able to handle the current draw.

That said, I am asking $150 + shipping each.

Now, I realize some of you may want this but may want it higher-powered. If that's the case, I *will* upgrade these but for a price (because it means possibly damaging the diode). If you want me to upgrade these to any current draw up to 1.6A, I will, but I will charge for it.

Anyway, PM me if interested. I'm sure we can work something out.

Pictures!

PC060399.jpg

PC060395.jpg

Last edited:

You might want to put both pictures of them anyway for someone new that might want to buy them. And its bad that the guy made you build them and then he disappeared. Anyway Good luck selling them!

Hmm. Probably a good idea. Will update the OP with the normal pictures of these now, plus will try to get some beamshots and an LPM vid later if my camera permits.