Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:  260mW Burning Red Laser (SOLD)

daguin

[highlight]THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THIS UNIT IS NOW SOLD[/highlight]

This is in response to a couple of inquiries I have fielded. This was never meant to be in competition with Jayrob. I am NOT going into the "business" of building these for sale. Yes, it is a very similar build. Yes, it uses the same components as Jay's. Yes, it is less expensive. However, this is a "one of" type of sale. This is a surplus laser I have here. I have a burning red in a Kryton barrel. I don't need this one. I do not believe that Jayrob is worried about me for a moment. I'm just giving somebody a deal while clearing out my laser drawer.

If you will look at my builds, you will see that I make mine specifically and significantly different from other builders to avoid competition. Compare this one to the other two offerings I have up right now:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1215317897

and

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1215319362

In any event, BACK OFF! I not only respect what Jayrob does, if you talk to him, you may find that I am his best customer! Besides, I don't have all those cool stickers he does ;)

[/rant]

OK. The other inquiries were asking about the output of the laser. Although I would challenge anyone to be able to visually (or by burning ability) tell the difference between a 245mW and 260mW red laser, I have cranked this one up for you. I was going to just alter the original offer thread, but after looking at it, decided that it was already cluttered with extraneous info. The result is a new offering.

Being offered for sale here is a 260mW burning red laser. This laser is built in an MXDL housing. It uses the famous Jayrob heat sink. It has an AixiZ module with the AixiZ glass lens. The diode is a long open can that was harvested from a Pioneer 115 DVD burner. It uses the drlava flexdrive now set at 440mA. It is powered by 2 CR123 batteries. It has a 1n4001 diode inline to keep the voltage safe for the flexdrive. I am still offering it for $145, shipped in the US

Here it is
mxdl1.jpg

The beam shot
r1962.jpg

The meter
2641.jpg

This is just win/win. You get a powerful red burner, built from well known components and I get more room in my drawer for my next build. Next, I'm going to see how many mW I can squeeze out of a 22X ;)

Peace,
dave

WW2

Re: FS:  260mW Burning Red Laser

Heya, I am pretty new to the forum, just been lurking for a little while to see what's what...and I gotta say I am purty excited about reading up through the forum and now the "I gotta have one!!" bug has bitten me pretty hard. I am interested in the 260mW burning red laser discussed in this post, is it still available? Do you take paypal? This would be my first purchase, from what I've read so far it seems to be a fine piece with a good bit of oomph and a really reasonable price too. I look forward to many hours of contented geekery and fun with some cool burning laser tricks. Anxiously anticipating your reply. thanks in advance for any tips and advice (or flames) any and all members care to shower upon this humble newbie...

daguin

Re: FS:  260mW Burning Red Laser

WW2 said:
Heya, I am pretty new to the forum, just been lurking for a little while to see what's what...and I gotta say I am purty excited about reading up through the forum and now the "I gotta have one!!" bug has bitten me pretty hard. I am interested in the 260mW burning red laser discussed in this post, is it still available? Do you take paypal? This would be my first purchase, from what I've read so far it seems to be a fine piece with a good bit of oomph and a really reasonable price too. I look forward to many hours of contented geekery and fun with some cool burning laser tricks. Anxiously anticipating your reply. thanks in advance for any tips and advice (or flames) any and all members care to shower upon this humble newbie...

I don't think you can PM yet. I'll send you one to answer your questions. Check your messages.

Peace,
dave