Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Found a site is it a legit site or not?

So I just found a website with lasers which appear to be on sale, by a large amount. They have really cheap prices. Like 50mW violet for only $19.97 it was originally $39.99. Everything in that site appears to be legit, even the contact page looks like an ordinary one. I checked on Alexa (Site info page) and it ranks 80,000 in the US. Which means they are mostly active in 2015.

The site's name is laserpointerpro.com has anyone ever ordered from there? I got a little excited, but then thought it might be some kind of a rip off scam, where they sell cheap stuff but when it arrives (or if it even does) it will arrive completely non-working or will break within a day or 2 or be completely under powered.

Last edited:

Gabe

They're garbage, will almost always (if not always) rip you off. No es bueno. Next time you have a question, look into it using the white search bar at the bottom, it will search throughout the entirety of the forums history :)

gozert

Laserpointernope.com

They're shit. Try Jetlasers or Dragonlasers. They both have good stuff.

Last edited:

Teej

Sometimes, you do have to think about why one might be cheaper...what corners were cut?

And, you can't JUST look at price, as companies sometimes sell the exact same laser at different price points, BECAUSE some people assume the more expensive one is better.

So, a cheap laser can be over priced so you think its a better laser, but an expensive laser won't be sold below cost, at least not as a business model.

You are left with the seller's reputation as your arbiting factor.

Do people you KNOW are NOT being paid to spread positive propaganda, reviewing it?

It is an INDUSTRY to provide positive reviews of crap products, so they are 5 star or whatever, before anyone even BOUGHT one.

:D

Here, we are an unbiased third party. If we like a seller, it means that we trust them, and, their products meet or exceed expectations.

When someone slips, you see it. If they address the slip up, we see it. If they blow it off, we see it, and so forth.

We don't get paid to make up nice crap about the products.

Luckily, you DID ask us...and, found that something that seemed too good to be true, WAS too good, to be true...and was crap.

:beer::beer:

Okay. But what about O-like.com? Some people say that it's also bad. I don't need a 200mW laser, just a simple 15-20mW cheap laser which is green and works perfectly fine, since I don't want to spend hundreds on just light.

Gabe

O-like has been making somewhat of a comeback, they're fairly reliable. Sometimes you might get a bad unit, if so just push with customer service to get a replacement.

O-like has been making somewhat of a comeback, they're fairly reliable. Sometimes you might get a bad unit, if so just push with customer service to get a replacement.

I just tried to order from O-like, but at the checkout page there is no option to choose my credit type and the checkout confirmation results in error. I contacted Susie and she sent me a request for paypal payment instead. Is it a scam? anyone know?

Gabe

Not a scam, they're trusted. Plus you can file a paypal dispute as a last resort.

O-like is fairly reliable. Sometimes they will end up sending a bad laser, but they do send them out, and them asking for paypal is fine.