Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: Aries >238mW

Aries laser: Peaks >275mW, averages ~246mW over 1 minute, and ~238mW over 10 minutes. Brand new direct from the manufacturer with manufacturer's warranty. Power graphs from Coherent thermal meter will be provided free with purchase. pseudonomen137@gmail.com or PM if you want to make an offer. Thanks.

(Psuedo - I put PM in place of your phone number - if you really want to put it back in there, go ahead.  I htought it may have been an oversight on your part....just trying to help out)
Thanks Greg. I guess I'm too lazy to change it back anyway  ;)

EDIT: In terms of price, considering laserglow gets ~$1k for the 225mWs new, I think $695 plus shipping is fair as this is brand new with power graphs backing up the mW.  Its the best Aries I've seen (not that I've really seen that many) and I'd love to keep it for myself, but just can't afford it at the moment.

Nice laser- I have an Aries of my own otherwise I'd be all over it. I'd be careful posting your phone #. Serious buyers will contact you via PM.

Steve

S

SenKat

Heh - Yeah...I looked at your post after I added my comments to Psuedo's post ! But if this laser is any indication of the other quality items he has sold previously, he is goung to get a nice price for it ! (and fair, too !)

stevetexas said:
Nice laser- I have an Aries of my own otherwise I'd be all over it.  I'd be careful posting your phone #.  Serious buyers will contact you via PM.

Steve

Yeah, I was a bit worried about that but I figured it was a VoIP number that was going to expire soon anyways, so I'm not going to get too stressed over it. Thanks though!

I don't see why not, but I've never seen or used rechargeable Cs. Any chance you have some specs on them?
(and just to make sure its clear, this is the same laser as what laserglow sells as the Aries, not a copycat or anything. The only thing distinguishing this from a similar Aries from laserglow is the name of the person who sells it to you)

There are C-size rechargeable NiMHs available, in the 5000-5500mAh range.

I use NiMHs in my Atlasnova pointers and am very happy with them.

Some cells are slightly different in size, though, and I've heard of some people having problems with different batteries not fitting in the laser case. I guess a better question would be, is how much extra space/tolerance is there in the Aries case?

Ragnarok said:
There are C-size rechargeable NiMHs available, in the 5000-5500mAh range.

I use NiMHs in my Atlasnova pointers and am very happy with them.

Some cells are slightly different in size, though, and I've heard of some people having problems with different batteries not fitting in the laser case. I guess a better question would be, is how much extra space/tolerance is there in the Aries case?

Hm. I have tons on NiMH AA and AAAs and have heard of Cs, but never seen any on sale locally. Lengthwise the batteries compress a spring that gives them a good amount of tolerance, so I can't see any possible problems there.

Any chance you could give me an idea on the diameter of the rechargeables though? There seems to be a little play around the diameter for larger batteries, but its not a huge tolerance. I am using Energizer Cs (industrial alkalines, which are the same as regular energizer max) which seem to have a diameter around 25.15-25.20mm, and this Aries' battery tube is around 25.90-25.95mm. Then again, the energizer site says 26.2mm on the alkalines, so maybe I'm just measuring completely wrong.

Either way though, there's definitely a little bit of tolerance with these batteries (enough that you can hear them rattle a little in the case), so as long as the rechargeables are pretty similar to alkalines I don't imagine any problem. If you want to send me a free C rechargeable though ( ;)) I could test it out for you.

According to Wikipedia, typical C cell dimensions are 50mm L x 26.2mm dia. - the same published size as your alkalines - and I read somewhere else that the diameter can vary by a millimeter or so between manufacturers and the different types, but from your description of the case it appears there's enough wiggle room in there for NiMHs.

:-/ If I had any, I would send one - I need to see myself, if they are available locally. Are you in the US?

Yep, I'm here in Texas like Greg, though not in as beautiful a city. The battery sections of the local Albertsons, Kroger, and Wal-Mart know me well but I haven't seen any C rechargeables, and the Aries is the only thing I have that uses Cs so its never been worth the cost to get a charger and batts off the web (not to mention that at 8350mAh apiece, the alkalines don't end up costing much).

S

SenKat

There are a few other threads on here discussing the correct NiMh's to use for the Aries - take a peek.....most will not fit, as they are actually 1/8" too long to screw on the tailcap of the Aries completely - or something to that effect.

T

timelord

That's good to know i'll be researching the nimh's over here in the uk to get the right size. Basically i'll take the tape measure in the shop too lol :D