Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale 405nm G2 Pen Laser

ped

I'm going to go ahead and say using different type of batteries together is unsafe. A standard alkaline battery is going to be depleted much sooner than a Lithium cell.
This is taken from duracell's FAQ site.
CAN I MIX DIFFERENT BATTERY TYPES?
No, different batteries are designed for different purposes. Mixing a lithium battery with an alkaline battery will not improve device performance. In fact, it will reduce performance and may even damage your device or cause battery leakage or rupture. As well, do not mix different battery brands within a device. Doing so will reduce overall performance and may also cause battery leakage or rupture. We recommend using the same type of batteries within a device.
https://www.duracell.co.uk/en-gb/faqs

Please do not mix cell types.

^This.

Can it be done? yes. Should it be done? no.

I'm going to go ahead and say using different type of batteries together is unsafe. A standard alkaline battery is going to be depleted much sooner than a Lithium cell.
This is taken from duracell's FAQ site.
CAN I MIX DIFFERENT BATTERY TYPES?
No, different batteries are designed for different purposes. Mixing a lithium battery with an alkaline battery will not improve device performance. In fact, it will reduce performance and may even damage your device or cause battery leakage or rupture. As well, do not mix different battery brands within a device. Doing so will reduce overall performance and may also cause battery leakage or rupture. We recommend using the same type of batteries within a device.
https://www.duracell.co.uk/en-gb/faqs

Please do not mix cell types.

am talking about energizer cells lithium batteries so its ok to mix batteries especially if am using an on circuit and resistors to control the mah :)

Last edited:
I am very interested in buying this laser. I sent a PM to you though as I am unsure on the battery issue as far as what is ok to use in it. I would not mix batteries in any of my lasers or any other device for that mattter so can 2 Lithiums be used? I assume to get max output you would use 2x lithium batteries?

-Joe

Before anyone considers buying from Alien, be aware that his modus is to demand that you pay him via paypal as a friend transfer - not for goods. That restricts you from any buyer protection.

Caveat Emptor.

Really cool build, but i'm not sure how I feel about mixing battery chemistries. Last thing i need is the thing exploding because one of them was being over drained. Could this run on 2x AAA size lithium batteries?

Its ok since i installed a resistor the laser has 1 driver and another using resistors :)

I'm sorry, but I don't see how a resistor makes using two batteries in series: an alkaline and a Li-ion safe to do. What is this new technology you are talking about?

You never want to run separate battery types in a series. Its not even a good idea to run the same kind of battery with significantly different charges.

This is pretty basic battery 101 and its not a conspiracy he uncovered at the fictional battery company he worked for. Its basic battery science.

Simply put, different types (not necessarily brands) of batteries have diffeeenr capacities. The battery with the lower capacity will be empty before the larger one, resulting in a lower voltage for that battery. The higher capacity battery will start to charge the lower one with reversed voltage. What happens next can range depending to crapping out your laser to something dangerous depending on how much power you are driving.

There is no new technology - hes just trying to sell you a generic pen laser with generic parts.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how a resistor makes using two batteries in series: an alkaline and a Li-ion safe to do. What is this new technology you are talking about?

Really cool build, but i'm not sure how I feel about mixing battery chemistries. Last thing i need is the thing exploding because one of them was being over drained. Could this run on 2x AAA size lithium batteries?

Yes you can use 2x 1.5V lithium batteries laser will be at 400mW
and the led will blink indicating laser is in low power mode :)
the laser is using 2 drivers to operate 1 driver is the original the other driver is to control the V and safety in case you install the batteries wrong the led will flicker. the laser has 2 power mode min power and max power

The laser is SOLD shipping out tomorrow :)