Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale: 2X Telescope Collimator for 445nm

I have seen postings in threads for a $50 unit. I have had these units in stock, and offered for sale for some of our red moduloes. They are just $30. Save $20 and buy them from a member!
See link here:
Creative Technology - TC Series Optical Lens Spec PageCreative Technology - Your source for diode lasers and laser modules at green, red and other wavelengths.

PM me for payment / shipping details.
Low stock, but it's a 2 week lead time item for us- a stock / regular product we have sold for 13 years!
Will

Last edited:

Wait, so this device expands the beam by a factor of 2, and can then focus the beam from a short distance out to infinity? Can these be panel mounted?

WE have used these on red,a nd some have repoted here and on Photolexicon that they correct the beam of the 445nm, amybe not as well as other options but without complex mounting.
As far as direct answers to your questions...
2 is the magnification factor, they are somewhat adjustable, but designed for collimation at infinity, so I'm not sure how close they will go.
I'd check other threads including "pencil thin beam 445..." I won't be testing these w/ 445nm diode. It is a post to show members can save $20 over the other place people have seen them at $50.
Will

2x magnification is based on lens focal lengths. It is not a 2X bigger beam.
We have a 10X version for red diodes and it does NOT take a 5mm beam and make it 50mm. maybe in theory.
These units are not very efficient, and they cut off the ends of a collimated red didoe beam, so the output is round, and very collimated.
It's a low cost fix, apparently for the 445nm diodes.