Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focusing Issue

A while back, I had taken my lens out of my laser and put it back in. Ever since I could not get it to focus. The spot is nearly a meter in diameter when I am around 4 or so meters away, and as I had said, trying to focus it just spins the beam instead of adjusting the spot's size. Any idea of what could be wrong?

Pman

Did you try just turning the lens in without the focus adapter, lose a piece of the lens, put it in backwards, sure 5he laser module isn't spinning? Are you referring to your blues or something else?

Last edited:
Did you try just turning the lens in without the focus adapter, lose a piece of the lens, put it in backwards, sure 5he laser module isn't spinning? Are you referring to your blues or something else?

I have tried turning in the lens without the adapter, no success :(
The lens looks normal to me, no different that it was when I got it.
The lens in my laser is a three element. The notched side is the bottom correct?
The module is quite large and heavy, it hasn't spun with the focusing ring.
And yes, it's the 3W blue.

GSS

I have tried turning in the lens without the adapter, no success :(
The lens looks normal to me, no different that it was when I got it.
The lens in my laser is a three element. The notched side is the bottom correct?
The module is quite large and heavy, it hasn't spun with the focusing ring.
And yes, it's the 3W blue.
Pman isnt the notched side the front where the focus ring goes?

Pman

Takes just a sec to turn the lens around and check. Not going to hurt anything to try.
My bet is I am right and you just need to flip the lens. Can't think of any other possibility.

Last edited:
Takes just a sec to turn the lens around and check. Not going to hurt anything to try.
My bet is I am right and you just need to flip the lens. Can't think of any other possibility.

Yup, that was it, stupid mistake. I haven't spent much time with it, so I hadn't tried that yet.
What is very saddening though, is that after fixing it and focusing the beam for just seconds, it turned off by itself (shorted?) And it won't turn back on. I tried brand new, fully charged batteries, and they will not work either. The batteries are in the correct way, so I'm not sure where the fault may have happened. It's about 2 years old and wasn't used extensively, more like on random occasion. Any ideas?