Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focusable or Not - My first Green.

ATEspo

I was told to check out "bestofferbuy.com" for some good prices on some Green & Blu-Ray lasers but I am a bit confused. Not sure which one to go with, should I go with a Focusable or non-Focusable:

Non-Focusable

Focusable

What are the advantages of both?

Thanks guys!

ATEspo

After some consideration, I am going to stay away from these type of sites.

If you are on a low budget, then these chinese Co.'s will get you started. But don't plan on the laser lasting to long. If you drop it or it gets wet, it's history.
If you want to burn things get a focusable one.
If you just want to point it it stars or other far off objects, an unfocusable one will have a better beam.
For a first laser some people would recommend e-bay. You can buy greens and Blu-rays at all times for 1 cent to 99 cent + 5-12 bucks shipping.
Of all the cheaper Chinese Co.'s, O-like or Rayfoss would be your best bet. Their lasers are up to specs. and they stand behind them (usually for 30 days) Of course you will pay a little more.
Of course if money is no problem, Jay,Dave, or one of the other members on here could build you a "super" laser that will last for years and years.

alot of these china sites are undependable but are recomended for a first. the pens are usually the most undependable lasers in my exp. i like my 50mW green focusable from them alot and has been pretty reliable so far. if you dont trust them then go with o-like or rayfoss and if you want to avoid china all together than your best bet would be to buy a used one from the forum or have one made for you...