Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focus to "infinity" and "dot shape" 803T Aixiz

AjentX

i apologize if this has already been asked.. but i cant seem to get my laser to stay a small dot far away (even a couple of feet and its probably about 2")..

also the "dot" is more like an oval.. is this normal or is something possibly blocking the laser?

its a PHR-803T like stated above press fitted into an aixiz module with an acrylic lens (not glass)

(this is my first build and im  just happy it didnt fry  :p ::) ) but if theres a way to make it focused better further away that would be awesome! :D

thanks a ton

-AjentX

do you actually get up and look at it up close? it looks out of focus all the time even when it's in focus

AjentX

well yeah.. and its very spread out.. :-/ do you focus it all the way in or out to make it smallest?

daguin

AjentX said:
well yeah.. and its very spread out..  :-/ do you focus it all the way in or out to make it smallest?

"in" for farther away
"out" for closer up

It is possible that the diode is not pressed all the way into the module.  The diode must be recessed slightly into the module (not flush).

Also, if you have the silver "ring" on top of the lens nut, it could be preventing you from screwing it in far enough.

The oval shape of the light is normal for these diodes if they are not focused

Read this posting  http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1219161671

Peace,
dave

daguin

AjentX said:
what kinds of tools can/do you use to press it in further?

Some sort of hollow tube that is less than 5.6mm OD with an ID wide enough for the pins to fit inside.

I use an old compressed air fitting. Someone else uses a bicycle brake cable adjusting screw. Some people have fabricated their own. Look around at what you have.

Peace,
dave