Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FOCUS NOT Turning at ALL! eBay Gatling Laser Pictures

TexasLaserBandit

Guys, Got the eBay Laser: 450nm Blue Laser Burning Light 5mW + 4 X 16340 Battery. It Says Focus even on the instructions, but I TRIED to turn by hand, no luck, and even took vice grips with a towel over the end, and held the other end in my hand, and didn't try to break it, but I tried to loosen it and it didn't Budge, so I assume mine doesn't?

Here is a Picture.
gggs-l1600.jpgg1600.jpggg6gl1600.jpg

Specification:

- Color: Silver

- Battery: 16340 Batteries

- Wavelength: 450nm

- Output Power: 5mw

- Beam Dimension: 500-10000m

- 1x Laser

- 5x Metal Light Heads

- 4x 16340 Batteries

Last edited:

Encap

So return it for a replacement or give the focus end a stronger counterclockwise effort using vice grips cushioned w. leather or something tougher than a towel.

TexasLaserBandit

I already was able to Burn a Blue Post-it Note, Light a Match, And Pop A Baloon. The Baloon was Light Blue and it didn't Pop. I stuck the Blue post It Notes on the Baloon and aimed at the Post-it note and it Popped. :cool: :) The 5 Attachments are Pretty Cool. IF my Laser actually HAD Focus Capability, and the Focus DID WORK, I think the Laser is already at it's the thinnest point with the barrell all the way screwed in to the base, like mine is ALL THE TIME. If mine was just stuck, and once it was loosened, not sure if the Focus could get any TIGHTER?

TexasLaserBandit

It's not worth Returning. I paid about $45 with eBay Bucks, has 4 batteries, well you see the pics. I already gave + Review, and eBay Ad has been removed. They sold like 75 of these and they work fine.

I was just asking because someone might have replied, NO it should turn easily so don't try twisting it. Or, YES mine was also stuck and I really had to Twist it HARD to break it loose. If you look at the instructions, it says DIMMING on that end, but they could be generic instructions for all Gatlings.

GSS

Not sure what you wan't to hear but as far as I know and have only read is that all gattling types focus.
Where is it focused at it's thinnest point?, at distant or a few inches away from the tip<< where it would burn the best.