Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focal point of laser 303

nooblaserboi

I recently bought a green jd laser 303...yes it can burn matches while focused but i dont know at which point it is the strongest... Even if I am a couple of mm away from the focal point,the match will smoke not burn... So i will be thankful if someone can tell me the focal point of laser 303.

GSS

The tightest spot is usually about 3 inches from the tip.
Your best option is to look at the beam from the side without glasses first and focus the beam to where it hits that fine tight spot and then expands and diverges out. Just have to figure which way to turn the focus knob as when you turn it one way it just spreads the beam out right from the tip.
Also black tip matches make a big difference in lighting or you can use a black magic marker and cover the tips black if they are red.

Sunny17

I focus mine while wearing my glasses. Move it closer and further until you get that pinpoint of brightness

GSS

I focus mine while wearing my glasses. Move it closer and further until you get that pinpoint of brightness
Are you seeing the beam with safety glasses on? If so then they aren't working..

If you are trying to light matches with a 303 laser,you will have much better luck if you dispense with the safety goggles. The chance of getting a specular reflection off a match head is extremely small. You need to be able to see to get the best focus.

Sunny17

Are you seeing the beam with safety glasses on? If so then they aren't working..
Not the beam, just a very faint point when I’m pointing the laser at a light material close to me