Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fluorescent glow dye for green and violet lasers

I have some glow dye available absolutely perfect for your lasers. Will fluoresce with green dpss lasers and 405nm lasers you can mix with jello or any other medium to make a multilayered medium which the beam will change from green to orange to green again
I am offering a discount to members of this forum. if you buy one color I will throw in the other color for free. please send a message to me as soon as you complete the transaction.
Please do a search on ebay for glow dye 405nm you will see a red glowing cup.

S

SenKat

Re: Fluorescent glow dye for green and violet lase

Sound interesting ! you CAN post pictures if you like ! If you post an incomplete hyperlink, one of us mods can go in and complete it for you - link posting is restricted until you have 10 posts. Just leave off the http:// or the www. and we can edit your post to fix the links for you ! I am interested to see how that stuff looks.

Oh, and welcome to the forum !

search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmegatondeals

Here is a pic under UV blacklight. I promise you that under dpss type lasers it is tremendously bright and different colors. the yellow is the green dye and red is the you know;)
different solvents and even different Ph will alter the mean fluorescing spectrum. the concentration must not be to high or the beam will not penetrate the medium. I have thought about using this as a type of power meter. the deeper the light penetrates the more power the laser is outputting. of course you would use a log scale.

I am willing to trade dye for a violet laser module!

Attachments

• Picture_002.jpg
    Picture_002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 499

Hey I'm really interested in that red dye! How bright does it glow under UV light? (blacklight)
If it's as bright as in the picture, it's not good enough.

what do you mean not bright enough? rhodamine has the highest efficiency of any fluorescent dye. a blacklight is not a bright source of light. like other things in life you only get what you put in. besides you got any better ideas?

Could you offer them for a price, like here in the forum?

And do you really only have 2oz. left?

What does nontoxic mean? Can I put that into a drink or better not?

I will offer each dye for 1.00 a gram for those here on the forum. 4.00 flat usps shipping to anywhere in the world.

T

timelord

glowdye said:
I will offer each dye for 1.00 a gram for those here on the forum. 4.00 flat usps shipping to anywhere in the world.
I've only seen the red dye and that is splendid :) What other colours do you have in stock?? I'm very interested in buying some dyes from you.....

I have green dye.

Attachments

• Picture_008.jpg
    Picture_008.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 242

i'd rather people buy from my ebay page becuase i need the feedback

Hey Glowdye,

those seem really good dyes. Do you have any more colours available + chemical names please.

Do you have similar ranges and prices to this website: http://www.scuddlebutt3.co.uk/Dyes.htm

I use that company for bits of lab kit for 'experiments', and I use it for buying ferrofluid. Now THAT is crazy stuff, it shows magnetic fields in 3D (think of a liquid hedgehog you can poke!) I have tons and tons of pics of it in action. If anyone is interested, PM me!
Anyway, back on track:

Dyes! - They also sell loads of different dyes, which have interested me but never had a use for, so I never orderd.  :-[

BUT, I want to buy some now to play with my lasers. Can you beat their prices? They charge £3.25  per 10g which means $0.65 per g. (That's without postage and bulk discount)

+ they offer loads more colours (which I'm sure you can match)
But one that stands out in particular is the Optical Brightener

I'm thinking for the whole 405nm blu-ray route etc. etc.

Optical Brightener Fluorescent Dye
Optical brightener is not strictly a dye, since it is not coloured of itself. Instead it has a strong blue fluorescence which enables it to make fabrics look whiter (the blue whitener effect), and also causes the well known blue fluorescent effect seen on clothing under ultraviolet illumination such as disco dark light. Optical brightener is applied to textiles by soaking. The product is suitable for use on cotton and synthetics.

Scuddlebutt Optical Brightener is a stilbene / triazine type brightening agent. Fluorescent brighteners of this type make excellent laser dyes and although Scuddlebutt Optical Brightener is a commercial grade and not specifically offered for laser work, users have reported it to be a workable laser medium.

http://www.scuddlebutt3.co.uk/OpticalBrightener.htm

Optical brighteners, optical brightening agents, fluorescent brightening agents or fluorescent whitening agents (FWAs) are dyes that absorb light in the ultraviolet and violet region of the electromagnetic spectrum, and re-emit light in the blue region

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_brightener

I'm sure washing-up power may work (of a decent brand) but this won't foam and is more concentrated.  ;)  ;D

If you can't get hold of this stuff, and if people are interested; I'll contact them for a bulk prices and perhaps do a group buy? (I'm not trying to hyjack this - just to keep people informed of other varieties, and for speed for us UK folkes!  :D )

Dan :)

I found this on their site:

http://www.scuddlebutt3.co.uk/FAQ.htm

Can I order a sample of a particular item?
If you would like to order samples of any of our products, we do charge a very small fee depending on the item. However, if you would like to place an order for that particular item after receiving the sample, we will discount the sample fee from the actual item price, so basically you do get the sample for free. Just think of it as a deposit.

I might get 1 of each to try! (My blu-ray is still in bits - I'll have to get a move on!). Also if you look on the FAQ page on their catalog, you can buy bigger 100g packs for £25.00, so that's $0.50 per g! With a bigger order, who knows! :D

Thats Ok

I know where you can buy these dyes for 10 dollars a pound.

T

timelord

glowdye said:
Thats Ok

I know where you can buy these dyes for 10 dollars a pound.
That's quite a profit margin if you sell it for $1 per gram ;) 1 pound = 453.59237 grams
I'll give $12 for a pound of the juice :)

glowdye said:
what do you mean not bright enough? rhodamine has the highest efficiency of any fluorescent dye. a blacklight is not a bright source of light. like other things in life you only get what you put in. besides you got any better ideas?
Ok, I'm gonna bookmark you, when I get $$$, I'll be buying. I'm broke now... :'( :-/ [smiley=bath.gif]