Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fix laser

zag525

Hello there, please have some patience with me, I have always been a big fan of laser pointers and just got my hands on one that says max power 200 mW and minimum 1mW. Right now it is on the 1mW setting (trust me its not that bright or strong) the distance on it though was quite shocking to me(first time laser user), i was able to shine it about 500 yards plus, not in a flat enough space to be able to shine further. So anyways i was wondering how to modify it to be able to burn (I am aware of the side effects of shorter usage time as well as faster battery drain, i bought the thing for $12 no biggie). Any help how to make it more powerful is greatly appreciated. I just want to know how to unlock the lasers full potential.

Hello there, please have some patience with me, I have always been a big fan of laser pointers and just got my hands on one that says max power 200 mW and minimum 1mW. Right now it is on the 1mW setting (trust me its not that bright or strong) the distance on it though was quite shocking to me(first time laser user), i was able to shine it about 500 yards plus, not in a flat enough space to be able to shine further. So anyways i was wondering how to modify it to be able to burn (I am aware of the side effects of shorter usage time as well as faster battery drain, i bought the thing for $12 no biggie). Any help how to make it more powerful is greatly appreciated. I just want to know how to unlock the lasers full potential.

Wait, there's an adjustable power setting on your laser?
Is it a knob or a slider or something?
What kind of host is it? Pen or flashlight? What color is the light?
When it's on it's maximum setting, can you see the actual beam not just the dot?
Can you post a picture?

Sorry for all the questions but it will enable people to help you better.

And BTW welcome to the forum :beer:

For 12$ there is no way you have an "adjustable power" laser.

You just got an underspec laser. It doesn't matter if it is red or green, increasing current will just kill the laser

If you want a good laser, save up for one. Being cheap and trying to mod a cheap laser is just, well, cheap.