Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fish tanks

JLSE

every first snowfall, i throw a big smowball in the turttle tank and watch them try to figure out where the iceberg came from, and a little in with my mini dino's. The bearded will sit there for hours on end with anything you put on his head. I believe a laser is in order for this, just havent done it yet. Cool fish by the way, didnt know they acted like that, ive got some pleco's in the turttle tank to control the algae, and they can be pretty teritorial. When they scrap it out the turttles get out of the way and the fish try to stick each other with these nasty sharp needles in line with their fins. When you bring one home from the fish store, they have to double bag them, as they are known to punch holes in the bag.

clwatkins10 said:
ha, y did u put snow on your lizard? and morepower, your cichlid looks like a jack dempsey.... might be the same thing? i think that dempsey's are cichlids

He's not a Dempsey, but yes the Dempsey is a Cichlid.  He's Mother of Pearl, Earth Eater or Geophagus Brasiliensis as in this pic

In the books we have on Cichlids they quote "Who's watching who" and it couldn't be a truer statement, we will often see them lined up in the tank all just watching TV or what we are doing.  It's pretty funny sometimes when something scary happens on the box, as they jump as well !!  Unfortunately we recently lost a number of fish due to a heater malfunction, the thermostat failed, the heater didn't turn off and heated the water to 36C.  In this instance more power was NOT a good thing, the heater I was using was 4x bigger than needed and over heated the tank in only a couple of hours so we didn't catch the temp. error untill it was too late.  RIP Piggy and Blue.

wannaburn said:
every first snowfall, i throw a big smowball in the turttle tank and watch them try to figure out where the iceberg came from, and a little in with my mini dino's. The bearded will sit there for hours on end with anything you put on his head. I believe a laser is in order for this, just havent done it yet. Cool fish by the way, didnt know they acted like that, ive got some pleco's in the turttle tank to control the algae, and they can be pretty teritorial. When they scrap it out the turttles get out of the way and the fish try to stick each other with these nasty sharp needles in line with their fins. When you bring one home from the fish store, they have to double bag them, as they are known to punch holes in the bag.
yah, i have a rafael catfish in my 55 gallon with my channel cats and he popped the bag at the fish store, before they even gave it to me, halfway home, there was a slow leak in the bag even after they double bagged it :eek:, hmm... i wonder what my bearded would do with a snowball, hes a teenager and still pretty fiesty, when he sees his reflection on the glass, his "beard" turns black

chido

This is Guero, (pronounced [goo-ero]) it's a word in Spanish and it's like saying "red head" in English but it's meant for blond people. (BTW, my dad was the one who named him ;D)
He's a big ass two and a half year old goldfish. About 8 inches long counting the tail. :eek:
Sometimes he'll stand there and just stare at you for a long time, if you go near the tank and place your fingers close to him he'll get all hyper and start swimming around them. ;D He also gets really hyper when you're about to feed him and sometimes knocks things over. :eek:

Guero001.jpg

Guero002.jpg

Guero003.jpg

beautiful!!

i had a fishtank but my mom hated fish ....only lasted for 6 years....now i have a dog :p

Ace82

This is an old picture. They are now all dead. :(

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 303