Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Timer Here!

Luxury

Just got my laser. Pictures soon.

I guess it does not come with batteries?

Where and what batteries do I need to buy for a 55mw Viper 532 from Dragon Lasers.

Luxury

Been testing the laser. Put fresh batteries into it. Was pretty bright and could be seen easy in the sky. After about a minute or two it got super dum, and the dot has a half circle a few inches from the dot. Did I get scammed lol? I tried to pop a red and green balloon with no luck. Please help. Pics here - http://imgur.com/a/gdpWu

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the green is off to the side of picture. Is that reflection or everywhere you point it? Also did you run the laser for the whole 1/2 minutes straight? They have a duty cycle of 1 minute then let cool. I doubt DL scammed you that would be a first, they are CNI lasers after all.
Also make sure your batteries are fully charged if your using NiMH's or several mintes of use with alkaline batteries is enough also.
Black balloons or make a black spot with marker if possible.

Let us know what happens

Last edited:

3Pig

Are you using it in extreme temperatures? my 532 doesn't even work below 20c, could also be the batts. Also make sure you don't exceed the duty cycle since since that can cause damage.

Chances are its ok, but if it still doesn't work you could try bypassing the tailcap with something conductive.

Luxury

I maybe waited 5-10 seconds in between switching to different areas of the sky a couple times. Had no idea of a duty cycle. The light off to the side is everywhere I point it. I let it sit overnight and it still does the same thing. Very dull. I have no idea what to do. Is it ruined?

Luxury

What do you mean bypass the tailcap? What's that do? And I was using it in normal Florida evening temperatures.

Bypassing tail cap is used to see if there is a contact problem. Can you make a video of it in use? I'm very suprised you have a issue with such a high quality laser. If you take the right steps you can clean the lens to see if that image off to the side clears up also.
Metering it is the only for sure method of judging if it's damaged.

Batteries Batteries Batteries ?????? What are you using? That can cause issues everytime

Last edited:

Luxury

I will make a video today of me using it. I'm using non used Duracell AAA. I will buy a new pack to test it again. Can you explain how to clean the lenses? And if none of that works, how could I meter it?

Clean lens with q-tip with a very light amount of rubbing alcohol. Do not scrub lens only drag tip across lens and if you have an air duster use that first to see if it works. Then polish clean/dry with a microfiber cloth. Testing the power will require a laser power meter.

These lasers will go through alkaline batteries very fast try that first.

Last edited:

Luxury

Ok. I will make a video before and after I clean the lenses. With new batteries. Worst come to worst and none of this works, and it remains dull/dim, without buying a meter is there any way or place that meters lasers? I'm just worried I didn't ruin my laser by using it for 2 minutes outside.

not sure if you didnt damage the laser by using it over a minute nonstop like that, for a pen its too much but i have no idea how much they recommend to use.

Dragonlasers recommends a 45 second duty cycle on the Viper lasers. However they also say 1 minute for the Spartan and we all know Cypargon ran his for 30 minutes without issue.