Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first time

i am trying to make a burning laser, but i dont know much about the specs etc.
if some one could help i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks

Theres a handy search button. and PLENTYPLENTYPLENTY of info here on LPF. Search around, youll find what you need. :)
search and it shall be given to you.

midias

There is a great bluray tutorial on ihacked. Look around chose a color go for something small first and stay away form the 1W 445 until you get more acquainted to lasers. My suggestion is start with a LM317 driven lab style red or a jayrob PH low power bluray build.

Morgan

Try the links in my sig.

... Oh, and welcome to LPF! :wave: Don't forget to introduce yourself in the welcome section!

M
:)

Get a 10mW blu-ray 405nm with adjustable focus. It's cheap, you can learn about the basics of focusing, how moving the lens' focal point closre to the diode results in a dot farther and farthre away, or how moving the lens' focal point in front of the diode results in an image closer and closer to the lens.

My BR is an O-like 10mW silver focusable blu-ray. It pulls smoke from plastics and leathers. I think it's a good start for a newbie. Not a cat toy, but also not extremely high power, and also very cheap. 405nm 10mW blu-ray pen /adjustable [OLBVL10] - $23.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products $25

Also, comes with aixiz 405nm coated, half-threaded blu-ray lens, from what I can tell. This has no effect on you, but might be interesting for others looking for that particular lens...

Morgan

^Yes, but the OP wants to build one himself. Two ways to go in my opinion; source parts from a variety of places and build from scratch or; go here -

OdicForce Laser Emporium - Items - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop=

- There are some LPF specials at the bottom of the page or some other kit options in a different tab. have a look around. Same money, or less, than the ones posted above and higher specs, better experience, good sfter sales care, etc, etc...

M
:)