Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First time buying

Hi

So I've been looking around for a laser something between 1w-2w. It seems Google isn't my friend with this as the amount of sites that come up is confusing. Just wondering if someonecan point me in the right direction.

have a look at the companies section on here, there are a few good ones to buy from

Do you have a location? Do you know the safety? This is what I'm talking about. The new ones asking about lasers that instantly blind and cause lots of damage.

Im from the UK. I understand that I need eye protection and my reason for wanting 1 is for star gazing. I own a 5mw green pen so its not a really a first purchase as such. I would just like something with a lot more power to it.

if you want it for star gazing then go for a green around 30mW or maybe 50 tops
this is more then enough power to clearly see the beam and point at any star you want.. you really don't need 1W+ power for that

Just get a more powerful green. If you check out my thread "new commers..." then you will see a pic of a 1w blue from the ISS and it's super bright. You dont need that power for stargazing

A friend of mine owns a 50mw and although the beam is bright I didn't think it was effective enough. But I shall check out your thread. Thanks

the green lasers in my sig are between 30-100 most likely around 50 but without and LPM i can never know for sure... but i can tell you they are clearly vissible at night and perfect for star gazing

A green laser pointer around 50mW with effect caps amazes most people here so i think it would still do the trick perfectly
ofcourse there's nothing as impressive as a massive 1W+ but for the reason you want it it is really overpowered

So after doing some reading up about these 1w+ lasers i can see its a bad choice.

Glad to hear that ;)
You really should go for a green +/-50mW which will do the trick easily
Green is very vissible at night and if you so want to show of your laser then get some star effect caps which have an awesome effect