Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First scanner - some beams

Benm

Some green beamshots from the first scanner project i'm building ( http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/first-scanner-build-progress-49320.html ). There is no blanking for the green yet, so you see one 'odd' bright beam shooting in the neutral direction. Pics don't look that good compared to the real thing in person, but still nice for a start. In the first pics you can see the screen on the laptop that's driving it (using LFI).

Attachments

• beams-1.jpg
    beams-1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 123
  • beams-2.jpg
    beams-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 100
  • beams-3.jpg
    beams-3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 106

AndyR

:kewlpics:
Very nice, I'm tempted to try making one myself. (which will eventually end in failure.)

Last edited:
Cool pictures!
In that other thread you mentioned it's going to include a red laser, so is it still work in progress or it's just going to have a green laser?

Benm

Its a work in progress that may take a while to complete. I'm planning to use a 50 mW or so green like in these pictures, and mix in a ~200 mW red. Lots of stuff to sort out though, including waiting on some parts etc.

Its a work in progress that may take a while to complete. I'm planning to use a 50 mW or so green like in these pictures, and mix in a ~200 mW red. Lots of stuff to sort out though, including waiting on some parts etc.

Nice! Can't wait to see it. That could make a nice yellow.