Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first laser

there is no way the laser would survive if powered by 2x 10400

Of course, that's why you use only 1x 10440 and one metal spacer. Just cut off a piece of steel rod or a bolt or anything - as long as it's not rusty, it works really well. That's how I eventually ended up using my green pens - higher voltage gives longer peak power, and battery is charged in half hour instead of overnight. Now, it's true that the lifetime of one charge is shorter but hell, recharge is free :p

or you can buy 2x dummy cells from FT for under $1.00 with free shipping :D thats what i did so now i have 4x AA & 4x AAA dummy cells as well. For some reason i thought ToneLoke meant 2x 10400's but re-read it and i guess he means 1x 10400 with spacer?

Yes, the extra .7V can shorten the lifetime of the diode if the laser does not have a good driver, unless the laser is supposed to run at 3.7V

TROLOL

my laser arrived yesterday and the batteries the day before. my first thoughts were.: it haz a band. so i opened the midsection and slotted the batteries in and turned it on. well, its very bright and i could see the thin beam shine across to the dot. there was a bit of light in the room too. in darkness it was a very bright beam and stuffs. tried it in the morning and shone it outside, no beam but the dot was very bright even outside in broad daylight. overall i is happy. ill post a photo later on if i can.

what class would this put my laser at

Last edited:

TROLOL

my laser died.
i messed around with it. removed the foam ring. ruined the top of the rubberization by trying to use a kitchen knife to open it up. no such luck.

i accidentally dropped it. boom iz working like a bossman laser

if yo button caved in drop it i suppose.

try not to drop it anymore. lasers are delicate like expensive china! i guess with a stuck button there are little options but gently tapping it or prying at the button might have been better. glad its "fixed" now and be careful with it so it doesnt break anymore :D

TROLOL

i think im going to order a second one now aswell since i scratched the rubber off near the head trying to open it up and its bugging me

Hi Ill just like to say that your laser is probably arnd 10 times stronger than the expected output, just like mine which is "5mW" but it turns out to be 50mW instead. In any case whether its 1mW or 100mW, please dont treat it as a toy, you will really regret when things get wrong. Anyway, hope you would have fun with your laser! :)