Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser

Well through some extensive reading on this forum, I have built my first laser. I used a Rkcstr driver kit I choose it in kit form because, I like to solder lol. I also choose the 20X red diode from hightechdealz. Kendalls site recomended to set the current at 380ma for that diode I set a bit safe at 330ma. I used a load to set current also from Rkcstr worked perfectly. I plan on using the pictured host and will be using my lathe for making a heatsink for a custom fit. I powered this laser mod up last night only to test that it is working. I am still waiting on my Goggles to come and good thing this puppy is very bright. For the 2 seconds I had it powered up I focused it on my wall and the dot was so bright I saw spots for nearly 10 min after shuttung it down. I planed from the start to never use the laser without the goggles and will stick to that rule. here are some pic's of my laser and host I'll post more when I have it totaly complete.
004-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

005-6.jpg

Doom

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 8382

great work.

Btw, I've said it a thousand of times, TEST LOADS ARE NOT NEEDED TO SET THE CURRENT ON LINEAR DRIVERS...

Do you not set it ? I know there are a few ways to do it on this driver and a test laod is one of those ways. That said does it make a difference if it's not needed or not? Is the end result not the same? see my point? Not flamming bro just making a point

Doom

Thanx for the comments I hope to get some things rolling here shortly. I have a machine shop and may start making custom hosts, heatsinks and possibly Modules. A friend of mine got me into making flashlights a few years ago was alot of fun Never gave much thought to make the housings for lasers.

Doom