Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First laser!

GSS

Hard to tell the size from that angle..Do you also only use 1 battery? which if it is a 405 that is all you need..
It might be fun to play and learn with trying to upgrade this unit if that's what your planning but it has a brass heatsink "even if you could press out and in and fit a bigger diode" which isn't a good at sink, will need another driver and again that new "diode".
You could "Americanize" it with quality parts but do you have the proper tools and a lathe to build a heatsink and other parts?
It just not worth it especially if its a working laser. Enjoy it as it is and you will be surprised to just how cheap a 1W 450 quality unit can be..

Last edited:

That "405nm" claim in the listing is a typo. If you scroll down to the specs you'll see it is a 450nm laser. That is possibly a 1 watt laser, but the price seems a bit low. Also, welcome to the LPF.

Usually the prices on these are low when they don't include case, goggles and batteries.

I think I may be able to swap out the diode and put in a new heatsink and driver as there is a good amount of room, who knows though. It uses 2 batteries and I have most tools needed to work on it. Think I may just look at getting one of the housing that you just need to add the diode and driver etc in next, anyone know where to get those?

I think I may be able to swap out the diode and put in a new heatsink and driver as there is a good amount of room, who knows though. It uses 2 batteries and I have most tools needed to work on it. Think I may just look at getting one of the housing that you just need to add the diode and driver etc in next, anyone know where to get those?

https://www.survivallaser.com/

Encap

The problem with replacing the diode , driver, and module is that a good quality diode, driver, and module for either 405nm or 450nm will cost more than the $35 the laser cost.
See:https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes

You would probably be better off just making a much better unit of whatever output power you want, yourself.

See well thought out and easy to assemble excellent kits and hosts here: https://www.survivallaserusa.com/

Last edited:
I'll probably pick that one up in a little while, any good guide on the topic of them and all that you need to do?

I think the lens on my laser that I was asking about is bad, it's making an artifacts around the beam and it is not a pin point like before

EDIT: Thank you GSS, can I clean the lens or is it potentially ruined?

Last edited:

GSS

godmexes, you should really edit and merge the post's when they are only a minute in between. If you add the word EDIT to it most will re read and see what you have added:)
Garoq "Survival Laser's" should have some guide to his builds posted.

Edit; if artifacts have just shown up alot might have to do with taking it apart as in dirty fingers on the lens and the diode window getting dirty.
Could of shifted "things" while poking around in it........

Lots of posts of should you clean lenses or not to.. Only chance might 99% alcohol. I wouldn't recommend cleaning or touching the diode window, maby a dry Qtip gentle brush.
Use the white search bar below for links on it.

Last edited:
You could get an M140 diode pressed into a copper 12 mm module and paired with a 1.8 amp driver from DTR's website. He is a member here and has been supplying members with quality parts for eight years. If you pair that with a 3 element lens, you should get ~1800 mW output power. With his G-2 lens, ~2200 mW.