Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Laser Help

jamex

Hi,

First post. After going camping with my friends who had a nice laser, I'm looking to get a decent one myself. He had a 5mw green laser that we used for star watching.

Can anyone recommend a good site that sells good merchandise and has great customer support? My friend mentioned WL but some reviews on this site aren't too forgiving. Any help is appreciated.

J.
San Diego, CA

^^^That's the company to go with.

Personally would recommend this one: 50mW transformable green laser/adjustable/burning [OLV50] - $41.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Keep in mind, at that power level the laser is already dangerous to eyes... so use common sense or better yet invest in some goggles if you're gonna play with it indoors.

Anything more powerful would be overkill for pointing out stars... even this one is a bit too bright, when camping with no ambient light around at all, 20-30mW of green works perfectly, so you might want to consider one of the lowered powered pens.