Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First impression of the laserglow Herc/ pics&video

Re: First impression of the laserglow Herc/ pics&v

laserk said:
that was whos laser now??? :mad:

but when you put goggle on, it was just like a beam. you guys should see the videos i got of my underwater laser. ill post them in a new thread soon.

Whether shooting through air or smoky air.. I can see no beam at all when I have my glasses on.... of course the point of impact is reduced from a blinding glow to a pinhead dot that you can look at from 3 inches with the glasses.

If you want total protection, these laserglow glasses are phenominal!

I actually have to look over or under them to see the beam to see what I'm doing... then I use them to view the impact point.

L

laser

windstrings said:
[quote author=laserk link=1168915252/30#31 date=1170179447]that was whos laser now???  :mad:

but when you put goggle on, it was just like a beam. you guys should see the videos i got of my underwater laser. ill post them in a new thread soon.

Whether shooting through air or smoky air.. I can see no beam at all when I have my glasses on.... of course the point of impact is reduced from a blinding glow to a pinhead dot that you can look at from 3 inches with the glasses.

If you want total protection, these laserglow glasses are phenominal!

I actually have to look over or under them to see the beam to see what I'm doing... then I use them to view the impact point.[/quote]

sorry i meant swimming goggles, not laser goggles ;D

opps, sorry!..... what power is your underwater laser and who makes it?

L

laser

actually its a leadlight and its around 15mw. i waterproofed it myself.

Ill post the sweet videos soon, and Ill put up my SCUBA ones too.

S

SenKat

HOLY CRAP DUDE ! Awesome !!!

T

timelord

Well i'm gob smacked that's bloody awesome that herc :D

L

laser

no way...that is the coolest thing i have ever seen. it the herc water proof?? iknow it wanst underwater in that vid, but....is it?

now you just gotta pop a balloon underwater. youd need a balloon inside of another balloon,though.

S

SenKat

Now - why would he need a balloon inside another balloon ? You lost me there - unless it is just for the heck of it ! ;D

I'm not sure I"ve figured out how to pop a balloon inside another yet unless I could find a clear one first as the outer one.

If the outer was dark, it would simply pop, if a lighter color was outer, it would reflect all the energy and none would be popped.

As far as putting one underwater... you would have to tie it to a dumbell or similiar as it would "really" want to float.

Just putting that little jar underwater, I had to set that full can of airfreshner on top of it to hold it underwater.

I know the laser companies have plenty of pics now of simple match burning, and balloon popping tricks... so we need to be creative and think up some new stuff thats abit more inovative and creative. CPF limits you to inside demonstrations which often are the most dramatic as you can see the power of the beam traveling thousands of feet with sheer intensity.
They are quite popular and serve many other interest and have allot to loose.. so I understand their deliema as they are a target.

Anyway as far as the herc.... I need to think up things that the weaker lasers cannot do... that really shows its power and sets it apart from the crowd.

The Dragon is a mean little beast for its size as it pops balloons upon instant contact.... I popped one today with one quick blast and hole was so clean, the balloon simply started spinning in a circle as the air escaped!!!! I couldn't repeat it however as they kept popping.

A few more Herc Pics.....

Burning a box!.. note the smoke....

Hercburningbox.jpg

Herconright.jpg

Herconrearright.jpg

Herconfrontright.jpg

Herconrearleft.jpg

Here is a daylight pic of my pool without laser to show the difference at night:

Daylightshotnolaser.jpg

Poolshot.jpg

PoolShot4.jpg

Poolshot3.jpg

Poolshot2.jpg

OMG! That is sweet! ::)

One of these days I will have one of those bad boys! ;D

Beefygt said:
OMG! That is sweet! ::)

One of these days I will have one of those bad boys! ;D

I'm sure you will.... its all a matter of priorities.... some can't see spending that much on something so frivolous, yet will buy other things that are just as silly.

I don't mind spending money of "good" stuff... if the value doesn't drop over time, nor the quality....
Electronics is risky... I can buy a nice Rifle and 20 years later, it will be worth more... not so true with many other things....

Sometimes you don't buy because its a good value or even a deal... you just want it!!!

Lets face it.... how many of us "need" as nice of a car or house that we have???

Most of us could get by with far less and even really miss it too much?

I can buy a motorcycle, a boat, jetski... all of which are seasonal items that I can't use "everyday" because they only fit certain circumstances of conveinence....

If you want one... just buy it... take good care of it and if you get tired of it.. sell it and you should get close to what you paid for it.

But in the forum market....... a high dollar laser will be harder to get rid of then a pen laser... because there are less buyers....

I've seen folks trying to ditch a 400mw laser that cost close to 3K at one time and now you can get it for far less..... sorry, but thats the way "all" electronics are.

So do you "Not" buy that computer because it drops in value?......
Do you "not" buy that nice TV because it will cost 1/3 the price in a couple of years?... if you wait, it will be outdated or cost yet 1/3 less again if you wait another 2 years?....

so when do you buy?.......

Survey says!................

I guess if you can' afford it and its not wise to buy.. then be happy with what you can afford.

This is the first time in my life when I've had money to buy something such as this that wasn't a real "asset" to the family, but just a cool toy for me.

Was it a "wise" choice????? Of course not! LOL!...

Do you only live once and if you only buy wise choices you will do without many many things in life?.... yes

So do you buy that laser, or that boat?... why yes.. buy both and shoot across the lake!!!!

LOL!..... no.... don't buy it if you will regret it... but if you "can" afford it.. don't get less than you really want... why outgrow something in a few days?

I may get tired of my Herc someday.... in reality, Its a cool toy that sets on the shelf that you show off when new friends come over!.....

But when I get in the mood, its nice to play with.. my problem is I've got lots of toys to play with!.....

I still would like to have about a 100W laser powered by lithium Ion batteries... whats a measly 100watts?..... less than a decent light bulb right????

I want to be able to light my neighbors fireplace from my house by shooting out my front door into his front door... I have a straight shot to his fireplace!... all he has to do is put wood on it and hope I don't miss!... LOL!

S

SenKat

Oaky - THAT I want pictures of ! Would you have him sharpie the logs first ? LOL !!!

SenKat said:
Oaky - THAT I want pictures of ! Would you have him sharpie the logs first ? LOL !!!

I was kinda thinkin you might volunteer your 200w IR for the job!

Maybe while someone is reading the news paper... see if you can get it to go up in flames!...

Or better yet.. light someones cigarette before they even get thier lighter to it!.... Invisible would definatley have its charm if you could just keep from hurting yourself or anyone else with it.... it would be ashamed to light up someones hair accidently... mines kinda precious!