Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First impression of the laserglow Herc/ pics&video

Re: My first impression of my new laserglow 300mw

tatman said:
windstrings,my knowledge is limited...so maybe my question is dumb. what i meant is the herc lights matches quick, so how do you keep it from lighting the wall?

Lasers are pretty picky about the color they hit.. walls reflect a tremendous amount of energy thus protecting them pretty good..
now if the wall was red or black..........

But as distance increases, so does the width of the beam and so the heat and power density is less too...

A match is not igniting just merely by a fuel reaching ignition temperature such as paper or such, but a match has the flammable properites that causes it to have easy explosive type ignition.

I can also burn a hole in regular cardboard too.. but it didn't' ignite... simple looked like the end of a lit cigarette.

In fact it brings smoke to literally anything I hit thats a darker color... but thats within two feet or so...

I never leave it on the wall or anywhere else over a second or two...

I would never turn it on and walk off for a while even hitting the wall.... its a pretty hot beam.. but remember its light.. so that light has to be absorbed to do its damage.

tatman

thank you much. i just learned more from you than i have in 6 months of reading. that is one BA laser u got there buddy. i hope u got a break on the $, because i had to look out of curiosity and i must say thats a bunch. thanx for sharing.P.S. u have really influenced me...i'll probably be ordering a 100mw Aries next week.

S

SenKat

Hey Tatman - if his experience and mine (Aries 175) together do not convince you...hmmmmwell, anyways - I couldn't be happier with the Aries - it is simply the best green laser I have had yet ! you will love the Aries line - also, if you call first to talk to them - you might get lucky like WS did and have them take care of you really well.

tatman said:
thank you much. i just learned more from you than i have in 6 months of reading. that is one BA laser u got there buddy. i hope u got a break on the $, because i had to look out of curiosity and i must say thats a bunch. thanx for sharing.P.S. u have really influenced me...i'll probably be ordering a 100mw Aries next week.

Yes.. that is alot of coins indeed... if you're thinking about the 100mw Aries..you may get alot of bang for your money since you are buying the lower end of a higher end product, you may get tons of headroom.

In other words... don't be surprised if your peak "as in the graph shown on thier page" is much much higher than the stated rated power... the one in the graph looks like its peaking at 180mw and holding about 160mw for 3 minutes before it comes to rest around 120mw.
So "like me" if you only use your laser for short blasts, you will have a much more powerful laser than you bargained for.

You can't really use that comparison with many other models because after 3 minutes, you would have toasted them or they would have shut off from overheating, rather than settling on their "sustained" power rating.

They will be honest with you too..... depending on what day you call, what they have avaliable changes..... I noticed in the little time between my Aries purchase and Herc purchase they had 80 more orders sold!
So when you order.. if you have more money for a higher power... I would ask which one they have in that range that really appears to be "hot"... you may can get alot more laser by buying a 125mw thats really hot, than a 100mw thats only so so.. or vice versa... see what I mean?..... Get as much as you can stinkin afford... it will hurt now, but you won't regret it later!!!!

Re: First impression of the laserglow Herc/ pics&v

:exclamation
Alas!.. another video.. this one is with a 130mw penlaser which pops balloons quite well within 3 or 4 feet, but then gets a little help as its big brother, the bad boy Herc 300mw takes over to pop 15 balloons from 15 feet away!

Attachments

• 130mw_Penlaser_and_300mw_Herc_popping_15_balloons.wmv
    2.6 MB · Views: 38

This picture was taken without any "visible" smoke, but my fireplace had been going all day.... I turned the laser on and was amazed at the boldness of the beam in my livingroom... I wanted to share what it looked like.

This was taken with camera setting on "P" in my left hand while shooting the laser in my right hand with flash turned "off".
The beam looks a bit more bold than in real life because its possible there was some movement as it was not mounted on a tripod.... but it was nearly this bold in real life.

Hercshaftwithfireplacesmoke.jpg

T

timelord

That's a lovely shot of that beast hope you had your goggles on LOL. You know what the safety police on here will say LOL :cool:

Timelord said:
That's a lovely shot of that beast hope you had your goggles on LOL. You know what the safety police on here will say LOL :cool:

that beam is so stinkin strong, the pic looks doctored.. but its not... download it , investigate and inspect it all you want.....

Herc_300mw_pops_balloon_at_25_feet

Attachments

• Herc_300mw_pops_balloon_at_25_feet.wmv
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 35

Sniper

Man that HECR HAS A LOT OF POWER ;D ;D ;D

T

timelord

Those shot are bloody awesome mate i just love the way the beam bounces off into the distance :cool:

yea.. its pretty cool.. if I was to step closer to the pool, you would see it also refract downward and hit the bottom at the same time!... lots of beam to go around!!!!

In fact you can see it in the first two pics.... thats the shallow end.

T

timelord

windstrings said:
yea.. its pretty cool.. if I was to step closer to the pool, you would see it also refract downward and hit the bottom at the same time!... lots of beam to go around!!!!

In fact you can see it in the first two pics.... thats the shallow end.

I did that same effect when i was in Greece Oct 2006 on the pool in our villa whilst plotted up with a bottle of Jim beam :cool:

Sniper

Wow i wished i had a pool and a herc!!

those pictures were so cool.

we tryed that in troboys pool and the beam in really fisable frorm on top of water but in the water it looks like a big spot light.

Cool effects though

L

laser

that was whos laser now??? :mad:

but when you put goggle on, it was just like a beam. you guys should see the videos i got of my underwater laser. ill post them in a new thread soon.