Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Build Newbie

How's the form dudes,

Ok basically I'm an absolute laser newbie, like a few weeks new. I have a few already like the WL spyder Arctic 3 3.5W and another 4W 450nm blue laser. I have a 5W Sanwu Spiker on the way also... BUT......... I wana build one so I need your help.

What exactly do I need to get ? I'm a mechanic and am good with the hands so I want to put one together myself. I have a nice led torch that I'm gona use as a host but basically want a parts checklist or just pointed in the right direction from the experienced builders...

Thanks in Advance

MassiE46M3

94Z28

You need to measure your flashlight head, see if you can fit a full copper dtr module. If so, can buy one with diode in it your gonna use or press it yourself with a press kit, bare diode and the module.

Then you have to pick a driver, some flashlight hosts require use of a round 16.8mm driver with a contact board on the opposite end of it. Or you can use a blank contact board and run it up to a SXD driver.

I would recommend going for a survival c6 host kit for your first build to understand how everything works.

You need to measure your flashlight head, see if you can fit a full copper dtr module. If so, can buy one with diode in it your gonna use or press it yourself with a press kit, bare diode and the module.

Then you have to pick a driver, some flashlight hosts require use of a round 16.8mm driver with a contact board on the opposite end of it. Or you can use a blank contact board and run it up to a SXD driver.

I would recommend going for a survival c6 host kit for your first build to understand how everything works.

Exactly the comment/advice I was looking for thanks a mill 👍🏻👍🏻