Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Build: LPC-826 in a C6 host

THEDUKEANUMBER1 has sets of focusing rings in 7 different laser colors that GITD. Each set of 7 rings is only $30.00/set. You can have a focusing ring to match your lasers nm. colors. A VERY GOOD DEAL IMHO!!! I'm gonna get a set as soon as I have the $$$. Rob

BTW, nice job on your LPC-Build.

Last edited:
THEDUKEANUMBER1 has sets of focusing rings in 7 different laser colors that GITD. Each set of 7 rings is only $30.00/set. You can have a focusing ring to match your lasers nm. colors. A VERY GOOD DEAL IMHO!!! I'm gonna get a set as soon as I have the $$$. Rob

BTW, nice job on your LPC-Build.

Interesting. A glowing ring inside a standard focus ring.

Last edited:
If you missed Kyle's Ad in the B,S & T Section of the Forum, Here it is;

icon1.gif
FS: GITD Focus Rings "After-Glow"
GITD Focus Rings "After Glow"

Red - Yellow - Green - Aqua - Blue - Violet - White
dsc00359b.jpg

dsc00358t.jpg

Current Stock: 3

Product description: Standard Aixiz focus rings with a permanent epoxy GITD mix applied to the diffraction grading. The new generation strontium aluminate glow powder is used in high concentrations for long glow times.

The focus rings will charge up every time you use your laser leaving a nice "after-glow" after every lasing. I'm offering these focus rings in sets of seven containing one of each color. Pricing is $30 shipped in the Cont US, $30+ the difference in shipping out of country. PM for ordering!

(red, yellow, green, aqua, violet, and white pictured below)

dsc00378hu.jpg

redxb.jpg
yellowd.jpg
greenwv.jpg

aquak.jpg
purpleit.jpg
whitedz.jpg

Notes about glow properties:
The GITD rings will charge rapidly for 445nm lasers but will not charge when exposed to green or red light. Although the "white" looks blue'ish in the pictures it does look white in person. The violet GITD has almost no reaction to 445nm even at high powers, it will however charge nicely to 405nm. Each glow color has different glow times as noted below.
Green: Very High
Aqua: High
White: Med
Yellow: Med
Blue: Med
Violet: Low
Red: Very Low

Thanks for looking! :beer:

Like I said, I'm gonna get a set (or two) when I have the funds, (FRIDAY I think) !!!

jcclow

Nice build. I think my next one will be in a C6 also.

Very nice build bro.

I agree with Blord. The M140s are spectacular to build with and I can;t get enough of them. Though recently I have been enjoying having some single mode builds around just for their perfect beams.

I'm with you ApexProxy and Blord...I just built my first laser pointer and it was an M140 build. The beam is a line...powerful as heck, but not that super focused dot. I want to try a single mode diode for my next build.

Single mode builds have amazing beams. I would suggest trying out a single mode osram 445nm from DTR. He sells the high output multimode osram and a single mode low output model that has better beam specs. Or you could go with one of his 300mW 3.8mm 650nm diodes. I still have an affinity for 445s so I would go with the single mode osram personally :p

Nice build. I think my next one will be in a C6 also.

I'm with you ApexProxy and Blord...I just built my first laser pointer and it was an M140 build. The beam is a line...powerful as heck, but not that super focused dot. I want to try a single mode diode for my next build.
I wanted to have my first build with something high powered, But not that high powered.

@ApexProxy, I'm going to do a 12x 405nm build in the coming weeks. That's gonna be really interesting!

Last edited:
Ah a 12x build ha? Going to use a S06J then? I have one myself that kicks butt at 634mW even conservatively driven at 450mA.

You may want to try Survival Laser for their C6 since they are $20 and have a 10% off coupon for LPF. Shipping is pretty cheap as well.

You may want to try Survival Laser for their C6 since they are $20 and have a 10% off coupon for LPF. Shipping is pretty cheap as well.
I wish I could... The thing is I'm in Australia. and even for me to get 2 of those little focus knobs shipping is $38 so it works out rediculous. I refuse to spend $20 - $30 postage for something that could be shipped for $6 - $7. I PM'ed the owner and he told me that he doesn't have time to stand in the queue in the post office to post something out which I think is just complete crap... If postage were better I'd be getting a few things, Focus Knobs, S4 host, C6 kit...

I didn't know international shipping was so high. You were on the international side of the site right?

I am willing to drop ship for LPF members BTW. You buy the items and input my address. They get sent here and then I slap my shipping label on and send them to you. I would go for the absolutely cheapest shipping possible. I can send a 1lb. package to AUS for about $12 and a 2lb. package for about $18.