Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First 9mm 445nm Build in C8

Hello, this is my first 9mm build and my first build in over a year, previously I had only added a diode to mohgasms c6 jad kit.
Heres my plan:
I have a c8 host and heat sink, 2.4A X-Drive and a 9mm diode in module and a round blank

I plan on first soldering leads to the blank, and pressing it into the pill and soldering it (not shown pin picture but under the pill part and the leads come out of the 2 holes)

Then soldering all 4 leads to the driver and connecting the driver to the blank, and adding shrink wire thing to all connections where possible.

Then before adding epoxy and gluing down the driver to the center of the pill (Is that good enough heatsink?) I want to connect it all up, add the heat sink to make sure it all fits and then try running a DC motor, as I cant think of anything else to try before I add in an expensive diode.

Then using arctic silver epoxy, I will glue down the driver to the pill, add in the heat sink, and solder the corresponding leads to the 9mm diode and set it in the heat sink and tighten the setscrew. and finally screw everything together

This is my plan I am not sure how good or bad it is, I am looking for some advice from members with similar experiences about my procedure if theres anywhere I am going wrong, as I don't want to damage any of the parts and do not have the patience to wait for more tools, such as a test load. Please feel free to correct me anywhere.

I originally planned on drilling the pill and gluing the driver vertically to the contact board and adding copper wire to the chip for heat sinking, but after I got more parts, I realized the driver fits in the gap between pill and heat sink.

Thanks in advance :)

85a5667957.png

I have some doubts about using the DC motor as a test load, everything else sounds good. Be careful not to twist your wires when screwing it together.

Alan

Alright thanks, will wire it up and run it then without the DC motor step