Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally cheap laser friendly matches!

Daedal

AJ_Dual said:
I wonder if they're REAL Phosphorus matches, like the old days? :-? For safety/poison control/liability reasons, most modern matches have just barely enough Phosphorus content to work.

If so, they'd have plenty of other uses besides laser targets. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/757249/make_a_glowing_tomato/ Notice the funky non-North American look of the box of these matches?

I agree the DX matches do look junky, the labels aren't even on straight even in their own promo pictures, OTOH, they've got real wooden boxes, as opposed to cardboard.

I don't know there's any regulations for a fact, (I'd lay money on them being ORM-D though) but if these are high Phosphorus content matches, you've got yet another DX item running the U.S. Customs gauntlet. LOL... ;D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm buying a box of these to test NOW! ;D ;D

I want a glowy tomato!!

--DDL

S

SenKat

I browsed through some of their videos - talk about irresponsible broadcasting ! some of the experiments they show - if a non-supervised child (Or adult, for that matter !) got a hold of those, and tried them - there would be headline news in an instant !

G !

Daedal

The beauty of the internet... it's an unfiltered world of knowledge! ;)

I love the internet as it is... If you want to know how to make a glowy tomato... you should be able to find it! ;D

--DDL

S

SenKat

Daedal, I agree completely - unfortunately, it is the horrid nature of those in the US to sue anyone and everyone they can :( A girl that used to work for me, sued teh school system because her clumsy child TRIPPED on the play-ground, and broke his arm. What the hell ?

G !

Daedal

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Typical!! ;D That's just funny!

Reminds me of the stupid lady that sued McDonalds because "the coffee was too hot and it burnt her". ;D

It's funny... but it hurts... :-[ It's depressing that now I can't have a HOT cup of coffee anywhere... It's just an extreme honestly... more like people look for those "get rich quick" things in life regardless of how they ruin it for others around them.

I was in the mall once and this lady walked in front of a Taco Bell place and MADE herself slip... then complained that her hip was broken! I watched her do it... :mad: the EMS were laughing as they were 'helping' her cuz they saw it too... but they had to do their job... I bet you she sued for it. ;D

--DDL