Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Final Eposide

T

timelord

windstrings said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1170461012/15#15 date=1171650891]mmmmmmmmmm Yummy that big 400mw hercules has certainly grabbed my attention bigtime  :cool:

LoL!..  I can still feel the heat of the beam in my palm at about 50  yards!
I'm going to be getting the external powersupply that goes with it.. maybe I can cook us up some campbells chicken noodle soup while still in the can!!!![/quote]
Chicken noodle soup :D is senkat coming for tea after the dentist ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm glad you got the deal and it worked out well for you! I'm in the same boat, I currently have an Aries but covet a Herc of my own (but that will have to wait for the price to drop). As far as modding it, I think that we're unlikely to get as good a mix of runtime and power as they acheived at the factory. Sure, we may be able to boost the power, but then we may need to duty cycle it.

I think that if you take care of it well and don't abuse it, there is a good resale market since these lasers are so well built. (People would probably line up to buy Windstrings Herc if he was selling it...)

tatman

i am in Oakland, California. and Justin is probably right..HERC! also i woulda LOVED havin dinner w/ Windstrings and Senkat...but since i couldn't it was very nice of you two to share the visit w/ us here.

stevetexas said:
I'm glad you got the deal and it worked out well for you! I'm in the same boat, I currently have an Aries but covet a Herc of my own (but that will have to wait for the price to drop). As far as modding it, I think that we're unlikely to get as good a mix of runtime and power as they acheived at the factory. Sure, we may be able to boost the power, but then we may need to duty cycle it.

I think that if you take care of it well and don't abuse it, there is a good resale market since these lasers are so well built. (People would probably line up to buy Windstrings Herc if he was selling it...)

Weellllll!.. I"m not quite ready to loose mine yet!.....
They have a new toy that will mount on it to drastically increase its burning/cutting power for great distances.
The last I heard, is the Aries is in line also.

tatman

new toy? more burnin/cuttin? for my Aries? what is it and whatsa cost? i want it...NOW!! tell me all you know, please.

S

SenKat

windstrings said:
running off to work.. PM me.. the info is not to be released just yet...

You keep on TEASING us with little bits of info about your secret project ! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!
:cool:

SenKat said:
[quote author=windstrings link=1170461012/15#22 date=1173268312]running off to work.. PM me.. the info is not to be released just yet...

You keep on TEASING us with little bits of info about your secret project !  AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!
:cool:[/quote]

LOL!.. you know about this one Senkat.. its not mine but laserglows.... even though many already know about it.. its not released to the general media and forums yet.... but it should make some nice waves when it hits soon!