Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler| RL-2088 Heatsink

So I talked to Eud about heatsinks for the RL-2088 (AKA Frankenstein) and he said he doesn't keep such big aluminium blocks. So then I asked him how many people will it take so he can make a batch.

If >20 people are interested in sinks for the RL-2088, he can make them for 30$ each. What do you say? :wave:

this is an epic host :)

Just to confirm that I indeed did say it,

20 people hop in, and I'm buying extra large aluminium stock to make RL 2088.

As some of you know, widest stock I have 47mm because going any higher doesn't return the invested money, no heatsinks wide enough to cover that.

I can make 20+ heatsinks from 1x 1 meter rod, so if 20 people hop in, I'm buying it and machining it.

Blord

You can use the extra large rod for other sinks, like the Sky Ray King host. That will create more interest from people.

I dunno, I guess.

But when Gof inquired about RL-2088, that's only the second time anybody asked me to machine out something bigger than 47mm. With that pace... Eh.

I dunno we'll see. This feeler can stay up indefinitely as far as I'm concerned. My metal supplier ain't goin' anywhere. I hope.

Last edited: