Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Nichia high power 365nm LEDs

I don't know if any of those personal-type transfers provide any Paypal protection. Buyer beware.

I don't know if any of those personal-type transfers provide any Paypal protection. Buyer beware.

Got it! And I've successfully sold some stuffs on CPF! I just had to inflate the price to cover the 3% fee PayPal levies on me for selling goods.

Last edited:
The LEDs arrived today. (They are from the UaP8d33aM bin, i.e. V_f of 14.1-15.7V at 500mA, 1010-1120mW output at 500mA, 360-370nm peak).

Last edited:
You know you will be reprimanded if you don't take some nice shots of the bare emitters. :na:

$124 is a pretty nice deal, when the single die versions were selling for about that much last I recall...

Reflowed all of them successfully(tested OK!) to starboards.

A direct drive from 4 Sanyo 18650's on a cold day(18degC) gave 500mA initial current. The cells were each at about 3.8V. The current was measured by Fluke DMM's max function after driving the LED for a brief moment (since w/o heatsink). Hence more current draw is expected at normal operating conditions.

Last edited:

ostbey

If you want to see what underwater fluorescence looks like (which is what I was using the Nichia UV LEDs for),
and why some people say that it is like being in the movie "Avatar",
have a look at this video of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9TCdCbX6U
This video was made with blue light (around 450 nm) instead of UV, however,
because the fluorescence is much stronger with blue light,
apparently because marine life has adapted to the properties of water,
which is more transparent to blue light than it is to UV.
Enjoy!